Forums Horror Collectibles
Looking for 1963 Michael Myers clown mask

Greetings. I have been viting Horror Bid as a source for horror news for quite some time but this is my first post on the board.

I have recently begun to get a little more serious about collecting some select pieces of horror memorabilia for my small collection. I am mainly into figures, posters, and autographed 8x10s, but I am looking to expand to masks and costume replicas (goodbye retirement...haha).

One thing that I would love to have in my collection is a reproduction of the mask that young Michael Myers wears in the 1963-set opening scene of the original Halloween. I was pretty excited when I saw this on eBay just a few minutes ago (

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0839766711 ), but instantly felt there was something "off" about it. A quick look at my little Michael figure from the NECA "Evolution of Evil" set instantly revealed that the teeth on the eBay mask are most likely not screen-accurate. :-(

Is there anyone out there who currently sells decent replications of the 1963 Halloween clown mask?

Perhaps a long shot, but I would also be interested in the clown suit from the original film as well.

I don't have a lot of money to throw around (I work half-time as a high school teacher), but I am willing to pay reasonable prices for a quality item that would look great on my wall.

Thank you for your time.

I don't have nearly the depth of knowledge on props and what not as many on here, but I have been a devoted fan of the genre nearly all my life and I look forward to joining the board community here and hopefully expanding my insatiable appetite for all things horror-related with like-minded individuals.
Preston Eleven Monday 8/22/2011 at 02:51 AM | 81278