Forums Horror Movie Talk
Is HALLOWEEN 3D (H3D) Casting Itself Into a PG-13 Rating?

Halloween 3D has had its ups and downs nce its announcement, and I think we've probably hit the lowest of them all. I know not many of the fans are fond of Scout Taylor-Compton but even if she was to be replaced I really didn't think it would be by Ms. "Pretty Little Liars" herself, Lucy Hale.

Granted she did take a gory part in Scream 4, but my main concern is that now that she is definitely attached could the Weinstein Company be looking to capitalize on her tween popularity and push Halloween 3D into a PG-13 rating. I know that seems a little extreme but think about it, the Halloween franchise up until now has hired close to nobodies to play the lead and when they did hire known actors the film suffered from it. Prime example being Halloween Resurrection.

.....yeah that happened...

nce we all are aware H2 didn't succeed in the box office like Weinstein hoped could this mean they are now desperate enough to try and pull a Scream on us and attracted an audience from T.V. star popularity.

The Halloween 3D line up also includes Briana Evigan (rumored), known mostly for the "Step Up" films but has recently done horror films like Mothers Day and Sorority Row.

I recently watched her in Mothers Day and I have to say I didn't hate her and she did well. So I'm not worried about her there, what I am worried about is that again

her main audience is the tween crowd for her performances in the Step Up films.

So what is the Weinstein Company trying to do here? Appeal to the tween audience to revitalize the franchise and earn more money? All the information above can be found on http://www.imdb.com and its looking pretty grim. I may be reading too much into this but i want to ask fellow horror fans what you make of this news.

Do you think its posble Halloween 3D will see a PG-13 rating?
lostlife1325 Monday 8/22/2011 at 05:55 AM | 81280
NO
littlewayn13 Monday 8/22/2011 at 10:13 AM | 81283
Seriously? I can already smell how shitty this will be.
creephouse Monday 8/22/2011 at 12:03 PM | 81286
Damn that would suck
Blood-taker Monday 8/22/2011 at 12:56 PM | 81288
No, they won't go PG-13 with it.

Resurrection didn't suck because of the cast, it sucked because the script was a pile of shit and the flick was pumped out at the speed in which The Flash runs. There was no heart or pason in the movie, and it showed. That script could have been rewritten by quality writers, still have all the same actors, and have been awesome; it was about what they put into the film, not who.
Matt_Molgaard Monday 8/22/2011 at 01:27 PM | 81290
no way, they can never have a PG-Rating on Halloween, it will def loose it's audience/fan

base bedes who the hell wants to t with 13 year old's

in

the

movie theater and listed to their BS instead of watching the Movie...That will never happened Weinsten Brothers cannot make anymore mistakes they will go Bankrupt...
RAGINGDEMON500 Monday 8/22/2011 at 01:31 PM | 81292

Resurrection didn't suck because of the cast, it sucked because the script was a pile of shit and the flick was pumped out at the speed in which The Flash runs. There was no heart or pason in the movie, and it showed. That script could have been rewritten by quality writers, still have all the same actors, and have been awesome; it was about what they put into the film, not who.

Only the beginning of Resurrection was great plus i love the Mask Cs did a fine job on that making him look very serious...
RAGINGDEMON500 Monday 8/22/2011 at 01:33 PM | 81293

i agree with u on the issue of the content of the script being rushed on Resurrection. im just mply speaking about the posbility. but i would like to point out that this latest installment doesnt exactly have quality writers attached either. and the posble desperation for profit that may cause this film to be rated PG-13. remember an R rating is 17 and up with the PG-13 rating they could definitely get the tween and up fan base that both actresses posses. i dont want to see this happen either, im just speculating. i would love to see H3D go to talented and imaginative scribes that could push the franchise to the next level and revitalize it. Resurrection was an example of what happens when Hollywood gets lazy it just seems to be paralleling itself into this production as well.
lostlife1325 Monday 8/22/2011 at 02:12 PM | 81294
As far as PG-13 goes, I don't really care.

Indious proved to me that you can have a great horror flick that's only PG-13 so a lower rating doesn't bother me as much as a Resurrection repeat.

I agree with you guys, while a cast does have some impact on a movie's success by far the most important thing is "STORY". If the story sucks then all the special effects, oscar actors, masve budgets in the world won't save a film from being anything but a waste.

If they put in the time and effort to churn out a great story/script then PG-13, R, NC-17, Tom Hanks as Michael Myers, and a trillion dollar budget won't matter . . . it will be good because it will have a strong foundation to stand on. That's why the '78 is still a legend to even non-horror fans today . . . the story was just so creepy.
DaShape Monday 8/22/2011 at 05:36 PM | 81308
Im sorry but the original halloween was the best ( of course) not saying pg-13 is bad but... my opinion Rob Zombie took this movie to a F##K'ed up level of aweasomeness that I dont think anybody can top it, especially as a pg-13 but hey Michael Myers is my favorite, and if the trailer looks good I might go check it out..
Michaelmath53326 Monday 8/22/2011 at 08:10 PM | 81321
People back the fuck off rob zombie he ruined nothing he made something old new again!! did he take the original and trash it?? do we still have it?? all rob did was a re-telling with a different back story so fuckoff you whining cunts!!! I'm a mass JC Fan of all his movies not just Halloween but i stand by what Mr Z 'did ! NO it wasn't suspense and a climax like JC wrote it, it was brutal and fucked up which is how rob writes "Two Totally different directors!!!" 78-07 is a big generation gap for things to alter. so what did you want?? most of you would have settled for no remake which is fair enough but those who rip rob zombies retread your not watching it like its meant to be watched!

as for 3-D if its a PG-13 its lost forever no Tyler no scout no point!

kriskreecher Monday 8/22/2011 at 08:34 PM | 81325
People back the fuck off rob zombie he ruined nothing he made something old new again!! did he take the original and trash it?? do we still have it?? all rob did was a re-telling with a different back story so fuckoff you whining cunts!!! I'm a mass JC Fan of all his movies not just Halloween but i stand by what Mr Z 'did ! NO it wasn't suspense and a climax like JC wrote it, it was brutal and fucked up which is how rob writes "Two Totally different directors!!!" 78-07 is a big generation gap for things to alter. so what did you want?? most of you would have settled for no remake which is fair enough but those who rip rob zombies retread your not watching it like its meant to be watched!

as for 3-D if its a PG-13 its lost forever no Tyler no scout no point!this entire rant summoned a genuinely hearty laugh from me
Matt_Molgaard Tuesday 8/23/2011 at 12:14 AM | 81343
Im going to expect the worst. I doubt I will be surprised. This film needs a competent writer and director. The story needs to be GOOD. Im shocked at the way the owners of this beloved franchise treat it with such disregard. HALLOWEEN is the holy grail of horror.
ny ghoul Tuesday 8/23/2011 at 05:05 AM | 81356
That would be no good indeed. No Boobs...Limited Curng...Lame Kills... Please no!! The fact that its 3d is bad enough. How lame would it be If Myers stabbed strait at the audience? "oh no better duck" give me a break.
DeadMou$e5 Tuesday 8/23/2011 at 12:39 PM | 81361
Halloween is my favorite series, but I honestly will refuse to see it if it's in 3D and PG-13. I'll do to it what I did to Jason X. Not conder it part of the series.
AbominableDrPhibes78 Wednesday 8/24/2011 at 01:21 PM | 81446
Big, big, big mistake!!!

Sorry, but thats not what Halloween is suposed to be, it's a 15-18 age!!

Bye franchise!!!!
cat Wednesday 8/24/2011 at 04:30 PM | 81453

as for 3-D if its a PG-13 its lost forever no Tyler no scout no point!this entire rant summoned a genuinely hearty laugh from me what can i say Im pasonate bout my halloween shiz dude :)
kriskreecher Thursday 8/25/2011 at 09:09 PM | 81552

as for 3-D if its a PG-13 its lost forever no Tyler no scout no point!this entire rant summoned a genuinely hearty laugh from me what can i say Im pasonate bout my halloween shiz dude :)

:') well put.
nolifefan Saturday 8/27/2011 at 01:40 PM | 81642
I'll likely go see the movie no matter who's in it, or what the rating is. Do I want it to be PG-13? No. Because while I know a good horror flick can be made no matter the rating, I'm ck of tting near 13 & 14 year olds giggling and texting/Angry Birding on their cell phones while the movie is on.
AMadSquirrel21 Sunday 8/28/2011 at 01:07 AM | 81681
I think we should all relax a little here.

How can we be honestly speculating what the MPAA rating will be of this film just by going off a recent casting call? From the pieces of info I have gathered, the film will be working off Todd Farmer's script which was said to continue Zombie's Halloween II. I really don't think Todd Farmer would have continued H2 and turned it into a PG-13 film!

Until the first teaser trailer is out, I'm assuming nothing!
joshk1986 Wednesday 8/31/2011 at 04:46 AM | 81910
^ Agreed. Guys, let's see what it is first. There's a chance this is salvagable. Otherwise,

AbominableDrPhibes78 Thursday 9/01/2011 at 08:19 PM | 82029
Stop the 3D remake crap and do a sequel to the originals already.
sirbrad Monday 9/05/2011 at 07:51 AM | 82183