Forums Horror Movie Talk
Should HorrorBid Deal in the Business of Original Literary Fiction?

Greetings Bidites! I come to you today in search of personal opinions.

I’ve been tangled up in this specific idea nce I initially gned up to the te and became a regular poster. After last evening, when a friend of mine who happens to be an aspiring writer, asked me, Does horrorBid run original works of fiction? I decided it was time to address you, the community, our wonderful contributors, and of course, Justin, our fearless leader: are you interested in reading original scripts, short stories, novellas and novels (I hope you’re familiar with the almighty PDF) here on HorrorBid?

As most should have noticed at this point, HorrorBid.com caters to those who love horror. We cover film, we cover collectibles, up-to-date news and a whole lot more. If you want it, it is delivered, and thanks to the wonderful structure of the te, you horrorbid members are able to make your own personal contributions, whether it be film review or newly surfaced pics of the next-big-flick. So, what of the realm of literature?

There is a wealth of talent lurking here in the horrorbid fold, and I’m certain there’s a scribe or two amongst the midst (I know we’ve got some filmmakers here who emerge on occaon). I myself have been working at honing my fictional works for some time, which has resulted in more than a ngle finalized script and a handful of (what I hope are) proming short stories scattered about.

As a man who would like to one day earn a respectable living writing fiction, I know I’d love to take in some feedback and constructive criticism from time to time. The question however lingers: would you, our faithful followers be interested in reading it?

I’m the kind of buness man (I’ve accomplished a small handful of things in my time, including the release of a few profesonally produced albums as well as co-creating a sports magazine) who looks at the brick wall and sees the road beyond; walls pulverized, foundation cleared, rubble swept, heat waves undulating in semi-transparent contortions: emitted by fresh paving soaked in summer sun. And the idea of seeing fiction hit the te holds more than entertainment promise, it could one day open a door to a world of publishing posbilities; this is after all, the first genuinely interactive digital horror magazine, and once upon a time magazines offered some extremely entertaining fiction!

Who knows what tomorrow holds?

Speaking of tomorrow is irrelevant at this point however, as tomorrow truly is a completely different animal. Today, we discuss today, and whether or not you’d be interested in reading fictionalized works penned by horrorbid members themselves. Would you check out the new short story from say, dew, if it were to be posted in the coming moments (this is hypothetical, keep in mind)?

The next Stephen King may be right here in our midst, while we t idle, oblivious to the talent beneath our noses.

So, the question is mple (and now becoming really repetitive

): would you be interested in reading original fiction, crafted by your fellow peers here at HorrorBid?

Note: There are no plans to launch into the world of literary digital distribution, or kick off regular fiction based columns right now; that’s not the purpose of this piece. I’m writing this, because I (personally) am curious as to the level of interest te users may or may not have in reading some new fiction from hungry, yet unknown authors. I tend to read a decent amount of short stories and scripts online. The question is, do you?
Matt_Molgaard Monday 8/22/2011 at 07:30 PM | 81317
I would answer this with an enthuastic "YES". I realize that I've not been an active poster very long, so my opinion may fall by the wayde, but a frequent HB poster recently dipped a toe into the fiction pool on the board, and I've been waiting to read more. Fiction writers need sounding boards, and what better place than among their very target audience?
dew Monday 8/22/2011 at 07:59 PM | 81319
I'm hoping plenty others share your sentiments dew!
Matt_Molgaard Monday 8/22/2011 at 08:17 PM | 81323
I LOVE THE IDEA MATT!!!! Would this be a new section you think or how would it work. I figgin love the idea, lets get this rolling!
Shakelford, J. Rusty Monday 8/22/2011 at 08:21 PM | 81324
Yes, I think there should be a fiction column or a some section dedicated to it.
Alucard666 Monday 8/22/2011 at 09:28 PM | 81330
I would love to have an area for horror stories. I, like you, would like to make a future in writing and I have a few short horror stories complete and plenty more in the works. My avatar picture and quote are from one of my stories that's near completion. I post the stories now on fictionpress.com and get some good feedback, but that place is loaded with pre-teen anime freaks and "dark and disturbed souls" (in other words, rich kids who think their lives are terrible). I would love to post some of my work here to have it reviewed by a closer knit group of people and people that I know are fans of the genre I like to write in. I don't know anything about creating forums, though, and I wasn't sure what other people thought of the idea either so I never just went out and posted anything, but if a place gets created to show my stuff I'll be there!
Ed Reilly Monday 8/22/2011 at 10:20 PM | 81334
its good to see the artists emerging. If this idea is for you, and you're browng this: speak up, tweet this, facebook it, let's see how many people are in favor of something like this!
Matt_Molgaard Monday 8/22/2011 at 10:44 PM | 81337
Well, for now, I'm encouraging people to just post it in Horror Movie Talk. That way it will get to the Bidite community, and we don't have to wait for a Fiction forum to open.
ObscureCinema101 Tuesday 8/23/2011 at 12:31 AM | 81344
Guys I love the idea! Matt you are always thinking outde of the box and if this is a way for us to help support writers getting their content on the net in an open forum I am all for it.

What do you guys think, a separate section for the forum? Something that we can make sure and lock tight with copyright protection so no one is "borrowing" from other peoples hard work?
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Tuesday 8/23/2011 at 03:06 AM | 81351
i think thats a great idea my friend!
Matt_Molgaard Tuesday 8/23/2011 at 01:53 PM | 81365