Forums Horror Movie Talk
SCARY MOVIE 5 News - Trying To Capture The Magic Of The Past (Will Cast Members Reunite?)

The franchise that keeps on putting one step in front of the other is back yet again and Dimenon films is looking to capture some of the magic from the past. According to Bloody-Disgusting.com, offers are on the table for Anthony Anderson, Regina Hall and Kevin Hart, who’ve all appeared in at least two of the franchise’s previous four iterations, to come back for the fifth film.

It doesn't end there as the studio has also hired writers Stephen Leff, John Aboud and Michael Colton (the two latter of which helped write The Comebacks) to put the funny back in the horror spoof movie that many noticed was lacking in the later two films.

Although there is still no director for the project the film has officially be slated for a April 20th, 2012 release date. Is there enough spoof left to keep the series going? Pop culture and remakes are always something that can ealy be picked on but will the film series get it right? That is yet to be seen. What are your thoughts?

Source: Bloody-Disgusting.com
Shakelford, J. Rusty Wednesday 8/24/2011 at 12:16 AM | 81403
YES i hope they can come back to the original , because once it hit after 2nd it went down hill.
RAGINGDEMON500 Wednesday 8/24/2011 at 12:43 AM | 81407
YES i hope they can come back to the original , because once it hit after 2nd it went down hill.

I arguably agree but I think the odds are better than the evens. (1 and 3 vs 2 and 4).
Ryze Wednesday 8/24/2011 at 06:44 PM | 81461
Please. announcing anthony anderson as gned on,isnt a good thing. at least not to me.. its going to be lame as hell. 1 & 2 were good. the rest sucked my ass.
ImTheWolf Wednesday 8/24/2011 at 08:35 PM | 81472
fell asleep 15 minutes into the third one, and that was the last i ever even thought of this "franchise". The first one was funny, the second one had it's moments, then I jumped ship...
Matt_Molgaard Thursday 8/25/2011 at 03:46 PM | 81536
Meh... I can't deal with parodies anymore. "Meet the Spartans", anyone? -_-

"Epic Movie"? "Disaster Movie"? Ohhh and then the "Secret Underground...blah" movie with the Sham-Wow guy. I guess he needed a paycheck or his coke dealer was going to come after him with a machete.

Why don't they make a movie about that?

Better yet, break all the pretenses and call the next parody "Scary Epic Spartan Piece of Shit of a Disaster Movie" - And turn it into a Snuff Film where David Zucker is castrated and fed his own genitals by a Hannibal Lector parody Look-A-Like.

I'd pay the $12 admison to see that. ;)
Jonny Sicko Tuesday 8/30/2011 at 12:34 PM | 81851
I sure they get all them back!
Voorhees13 Tuesday 8/30/2011 at 09:54 PM | 81875