Forums Horror Movie Talk
Will There Be A FINAL DESTINATION 6? Steve Quale Has Answers. . .

Moviehole.net caught up with "Final Destination 5" director Steven Quale to find out if the studio is planning a xth installment in the franchise and whether he'll return to helm.

"Who knows. Never say never," he said. "It'll be up to the fans. We'll see how this one performs internationally and if it makes as much money as the fourth one, I'm sure Warner Brothers will want to make another one. And then the question for me will be just if we can get a script that can live up to this one because frankly I wouldn't want to go backwards in the same way some sequels do - once they get into the whole franching thing they can get worse. But if we can make enough impact on an audience as we did here..."

"Final Destination 4" grossed $186 million worldwide on a $40 million budget. The fifth film also cost $40 million, but has grossed only $33 million. There is still a chance it may do well nce Warners has yet to fully release the movie internationally.

But the domestic gross of the fifth film is half of the $66 million that the fourth grossed. Plus, the fourth opened to $27.4 million, while the fifth one was only able to debut to $18 million. Things are not looking good for "Final Destination 6."

Read more:

http://worstpreviews.com/headline.php?i ... z1VuH2Yrmi
Shakelford, J. Rusty Wednesday 8/24/2011 at 12:45 AM | 81408
my prediction:

The film's disc sales surpass the last 2 entries, which prompts the release of a (some may call it) delayed xth film.

They'll keep pumping them out, of this I have little doubt.

I suspect we'll see another sequel, prequel or reboot of Saw within 10 years as well...
Matt_Molgaard Wednesday 8/24/2011 at 08:21 PM | 81468