Forums Horror Movie Talk
Michael Bay's 'OUIJA' Board Movie Dead?

Universal Pictures isn't ready to make any board game movies right now as the announced today that OUIJA (a film by Michael Bay) is not going to movie forward. This news just three weeks after the announcement that the company pulled the plug on a new retention of the game CLUE.

Bay and McG are now meeting with other studios to see if there is any interest in the property. But even Paramount Pictures, which developed Hasbro's TRANSFORMERS into a film, passed on OUIJA. At this stage in the game, it's not imposble for the film to still happen. If another studio were to come aboard, Universal may be willing to stay on as a co-financier. But things are looking grim.

Source: NYMagazine.com
Shakelford, J. Rusty Wednesday 8/24/2011 at 10:03 PM | 81486
Well, the Ouija movie makes more sense than attempting to turn Battle Ship into a movie, But I still wouldn't fucking see it!

Originality in Hollywood is completely dead! You know it's bad when they start looking towards fucking boardgames!

...When is Hungry hungry hippos gonna be a movie? LoL!
ubersteigen Wednesday 8/24/2011 at 10:15 PM | 81487
Pity it's tanked. I like horror with a supernatural bend and rather liked the first Witchboard film, so it might've been good if they'd had a decent writer behind it.

But NO WAY IN HELL should anyone make a new Clue film. Ever.
dew Thursday 8/25/2011 at 12:39 AM | 81508
Platinum Dunes and Mike Bay should stay making remakes. Granted i hate a nice few of em but at least they get films made and make good money with them. I know a lot of people are still wanting and waiting for anbother F13th or ANOES remake to happen so why not stick to their bread and butter.
AJxSCREAMx87 Thursday 8/25/2011 at 01:11 AM | 81513