Forums Horror Movie Talk
BREAKING: APOLLO 18 Not a Fake "Found Footage" Film But Real?

Yes, in a brilliant marketing plot by our friend Mr. Bob Weinstein, the company is trying to promote the new sci-fi/horror film APOLLO 18 as truth and not your standard "found footage" rubble. So forget you sat through the BLAIR WITCH PROJECT and PARANORMAL ACTIVITY movies, those were phony.

Bob Weinstein: "People intrincally know there are secrets being held from us," Weinstein told Entertainment Weekly. "Look at WikiLeaks from a few months ago: There are secrets that are really true to the world. It's not bogus. We didn't shoot anything. We found it. Found, baby!"

Well, you can't argue with that. Especially the ending where he has to add, "found it baby!" That's enough to sell ys Bidites that it's real.

When can you see these piece of historical footage that was just dug up? September 2nd, 2011 is the release date. They are crediting Trevor Cawood as the director but nce this wasn't "filmed" we can only assume that he broke into AREA 51 and stole the film reels.
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Saturday 8/27/2011 at 12:26 PM | 81640
Ok i just gotta say this is ridiculous ive actually been waiting for this movie and im still gonna see it but the thing i wanna know is if this was found then y is there a director why is it taking so long to release if it was found then couldnt they just cut and edit and release it.

Also if this was found then they didnt get it legally and the government would have jumped on this faster then The Flash can run.
godsinhell Saturday 8/27/2011 at 03:50 PM | 81653
I got a kick out of this tidbit - fucking Weinstein, does he honestly believe anybody would buy this load of BS for even a split second?

lol - real...that's grand.
Matt_Molgaard Saturday 8/27/2011 at 06:48 PM | 81656
My gut is aching from laughing so hard at this dungheap of information. I don't believe NASA misons used CGI monsters.
ObscureCinema101 Sunday 8/28/2011 at 12:39 AM | 81680
Yeah, "real". The same way The Fourth Kind was supposed to be "real". Except for the deleted sceenes, bloopers, director's notes, the actors in the "archived footage" on the special features of the DVD... The only thing "real" about it was how much it sucked. The only aliens amongst us are the Illegal kind.
Jonny Sicko Tuesday 8/30/2011 at 12:20 PM | 81850