Forums Horror Movie Talk
Director Joe Dante Thinks GREMLINS 3 Is Out And Remake Will Happen

Joe Danite has brought us many great horror movies however GREMLINS has a cult following like no other. Rumors have flown for years about Warner Brothers resurrecting the franchise with a third installment. Recently, Dante sat down with Entertainment Weekly and had this to say about a third film and the inevitable remake.

“No. Every so often I call Warner Bros. and say, “You guys doing anything with this?” And they always say, “No.” There was a period a couple of years ago when I think they were working on something but that fell through. I don’t know. They didn’t really understand the first movie, so I think they’re having trouble figuring out what to do, especially with the change in special effects.

The first movies were defined by the technique that we used, which is now out of date. Now, with CGI anything can happen, so it’s difficult to focus the story onto something that’s going to have a point. So rather than being No. 3, I would think they would just go back to the beginning and remake it.”

Good news or bad news GREMLINS fans? Would a remake be the best choice here? And can we just assume that it would be a good excuse to use 3D here, you know they'll pull for that!

Source: EW.com
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Monday 8/29/2011 at 03:19 AM | 81731
back horrid Hollywood suitback i say!!!!! i like the idea of a third or even a *shudder* reboot but not a remake gremlins the next gen hell they could even parody Star trek with a Picard gremlin but that's my writer de talking... anyway new generation and pay tribute to the originals one would think the remake poison would have sunk in nce most of the films went into movie ICU right out of the gate.
revrendoni Monday 8/29/2011 at 03:29 AM | 81732
No way in hell not on one of my all time favorite movie Gremlins do a part 3 but no remake because nothing can touch the original 2 ever .Hollywood need to stop right now and quit this remake and 3D crap because if you look at the box office people are ck of it .
nightmareblade Monday 8/29/2011 at 05:27 AM | 81742
This sounds awful I dont see the point in remaking it

everyone already knows the story. What happens next or make a prequel
DoubleshotJ Monday 8/29/2011 at 02:46 PM | 81754
That's what I don't understand about remakes. These directors claim they're remaking a clasc for "this new generation". Alright. If you inst on bringing 80s movie memories to a generation that can't even relate to anything 80s, wtf is the point? Where is THIS CURRENT generation's milestone/relevance in history? In 20 years (if the world is still around), what can this generation posbly give as a legacy to future generations? A legacy of remakes? Remakes upon remakes... There are so many great books out there. I'd love to see Brian Lumley's Necroscope brought to film. That ought to deliver a serious F-YOU to remakes.

Try remaking THAT in 20 years.
Jonny Sicko Tuesday 8/30/2011 at 12:10 PM | 81849