Forums DVD & Blu-rays
Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer 25th Anniversary Blu-ray Details

Independent British distributors Optimum Home Entertainment are currently gearing up to release a Double Play 25th Anniversary Edition Blu-ray/DVD of John McNaughton's Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer (1986), starring Michael Rooker, Tracy Arnold, and Tom Towles. As you may recall, Henry made it's Blu-ray debut just 2 years ago from Dark Sky Films, but for some strange reason the video transfer was left in the 1.33.1 fullframe mode. However this edition will be receiving the beautiful widescreen ratio of 1.85:1 which I'm quite certain will please a lot of fans.

Look for this Blu-ray gem to hit streets in 1080p on October 24th.

Special features include:

Portrait: The Making of Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer The Serial Killers: Henry Lee Lucas Interview with Director John McNaughton John McNaughton in conversation with Nigel Floyd Censorship History Deleted Scenes and Outtakes with commentary by John McNaughton Stills Gallery Original storyboards Trailer

Actual Artwork may differ

Based on the harrowing true story of one of America's most notorious mass-murderers, Henry Lee Lucas (portrayed with a dead-eye pasvity by a scarily resonant Michael Rooker), John McNaughton's Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer builds to a disquieting and horrific climax and provides a sobering, nightmarish glimpse into a deranged and damaged mind. On its initial release, America's MPAA gave the film the notorious X-rating, claiming that they "wouldn't know where to begin cutting". While in Britain, Chief Censor James Ferman took a whole year to give the film a certificate. "One of our psychologists said the film was remarkably accurate," he argued, effectively giving it its best review.

http://youtu.be/IU3P6WXzvXU

Source: Blu-Ray.com
Anonymous Tuesday 8/30/2011 at 03:19 AM | 81838
I love showing this one off to people, and then getting to tell them about the real Henry Lee Lucas
HorrorDaily Tuesday 8/30/2011 at 03:26 AM | 81840
lol Michael Rooker...No matter what the role he's in, to me, he will always be the guy from "Mallrats" who ate the infamous tainted chocolate covered pretzels.
Jonny Sicko Tuesday 8/30/2011 at 06:06 PM | 81859