Forums Horror Movie Talk
Steven Spielberg & Stephen King United By Showtime For 'UNDER THE DOME' Series

We got some big news to report involving the master novelist Stephen King and the guru of filmmaking Steven Spielberg. According to Deadlinethe pay cable networkShowtime is pairing the super tandem up to bring us an upcoming drama series based on King's 2009 novel Under the Dome.

The supernatural thriller which is being produced by DreamWorks Televion revolves around a group of locals at a Maine vacation spot who engage in battle with one another when a force field suddenly engulfs their small town and severs their ties with the rest of the world.

A search is currently underway to obtain a writer to pen the project. Executive producers for the series will include King and DreamWorks TV's Justin Falvey and Darryl Frank. Spielberg along with Stacey Snyder of DreamWorks first nabbed the rights to King's novel back in 2009 shortly after it was published.

Previously Spielberg teamed up with the bestselling author to adapt his 1984 novel The Talisman, which was initially developed to be a feature film and then as a miniseries which was expected to air on TNT but was later cancelled in 2006 due to budgetary concerns.

Stay tuned for more.

Source: Deadline
Anonymous Tuesday 8/30/2011 at 09:42 PM | 81874
Wow nice! That is awesome news!! I loved that book! John Goodman should play as "Renny".

Now... all they have to do is get The Dark Tower finally put into a ppv TV series and I'll be content!
Jonny Sicko Tuesday 8/30/2011 at 11:50 PM | 81894
The Dark Tower will be a Theatrical Trilogy with a mini series I think... I'm looking forward to Under the Dome though, Awesome novel.
R-Awesome85 Wednesday 8/31/2011 at 12:13 PM | 81926
Wish everything interesting didn't land on premium cable. Us poor folks wanna see too!
dew Wednesday 8/31/2011 at 12:26 PM | 81929
Wish everything interesting didn't land on premium cable. Us poor folks wanna see too

::cough:::BitTorrent:::Ahem!:::

:P
Jonny Sicko Wednesday 8/31/2011 at 01:22 PM | 81931
The Dark Tower will be a Theatrical Trilogy with a mini series I think... I'm looking forward to Under the Dome though, Awesome novel.

Read that Universal pulled out of The Dark Tower =/
Jonny Sicko Wednesday 8/31/2011 at 01:24 PM | 81932