Forums Horror Movie Talk
One of the Finest Blogs You'll Find Online: Leigh Whannell's 'The Wood in the Stone'!

While making my daily horror rounds, I stopped by Bloody-disgusting.com, and found a super intriguing piece (at this link). The brief story centers on Saw scribe, Leigh Whennell’s take on Dead lence, and the nightmare that surrounded the creative process.

While it’s interesting to get some of Leigh’s personal thoughts on the film, the blog actually boasts some of the most straight-forward inght into the world of lights and cameras that I’ve ever had the pleasure of reading. Leigh tells it just like it is, and as an aspiring author, I found his candid approach ridiculously refreshing: the man bacally puts into words what the vast majority of those in the buness wish they had the balls to disclose.

Don’t believe me? Check out a brief portion of the blog:

First of all, let’s clarify exactly what “Hollywood” is. When most people use that word, they are thinking of a bright and magical land where elves dressed in power suits sprinkle fairy dust on those who work hard and make their dreams come true. If you actually move to Los Angeles though, you quickly realize that Hollywood is actually just a crappy suburb in the middle of LA with all the magic of an intestinal worm and all the brightness of a Chechnyan coroners office. That’s the reality. For the purposes of this article, ‘Hollywood’ will refer to ‘the film industry’.

Believe me: it gets a whole lot better!

This is a blog I’ll be following from this point forward. I like the truth, no matter how much it can potentially sting.

Props go out to bloody-disgusting for spotting this gem.

Follow the blog right here
Matt_Molgaard Thursday 9/01/2011 at 03:02 AM | 81980
What do you expect?

The man wrote Indious, which by far is the best horror movie 2011.

Nice article, I'll for sure check out his blog.

Thanks for the link...
MOWDEReeL Thursday 9/15/2011 at 03:29 PM | 82781