Forums Horror Movie Talk
What do you think of the Friday the 13th remake, Was it necessary

The Friday the 13th remake in 2009 was alright but it wasn't great at all.

So I want know, is it

just me that thinks this or does this movie seem a little dull to everyone.I thought the storyline was crappy and although it had of great bloodsoaked moments whereas the original wasn't a blood bath or anything it was still excelent and had amuch better storyline than the remake.
vorheesfan79 Friday 9/02/2011 at 12:25 AM | 82051
Thought it was absolutely horrible in every aspect.
ubersteigen Friday 9/02/2011 at 12:30 AM | 82052
Didn't hate it.

Didn't love it, at all.

I just wondered the whole time how the hell Jason kept that girl alive.

I'm picturing him fishing, and feeding her, and it sucks.

It was an alright movie, but I definitely didn't love it.
kennyxedge Friday 9/02/2011 at 12:35 AM | 82053
I liked it a lot.
TrickOrTreater Friday 9/02/2011 at 12:48 AM | 82054
Thought it was absolutely horrible in every aspect.

I mostly agree. It mostly sucked. I think only thing I kind of liked about the new Jason was the fact he appeared to be more of a huntsman and used tactics. He wasn't just a walking Thing that just entered a room and caused chaos. But the ending... If they were going to kill him like that, why not show what we were all wanting to see? I wanted to see him sucked into the wood chipper and turned into gratuitous, gorey, meat confetti.
Jonny Sicko Friday 9/02/2011 at 01:17 PM | 82080
Derek Mears is awesome but the movie blows. They should have done it with camp counselors. it just seemed like a bad sequal.
Jack123 Wednesday 10/19/2011 at 10:59 PM | 85491
It was better than parts 5 through 8, it was way better than the New Line Cinema Jason Goes to Hell, Jason X and Freddy VS Jason stinkers, but it didn't even come close to the original 4 chapters, ironically the ones the remake modeled itself after. The things that bugged me were the lack of the awesome Harry Manfredini score (trust me when I say THAT is one of the KEY misng elements, if it were scored by Manfredini you would have a different opinion) and the fact that he kidnapped someone, that's not Jason's style at all. They did a rush job on the mother/son aspect, too. The 1st 15 minutes were great, then it fizzled out and turned into "annoying teens throw a party" with all of your staples, the token black guy, the token douche bag, the token dumb blonde, the token smarter brunette, the token aan kid, the token bad boy hero, all the bad stereotypes crammed into one 90 minute film! It even had the token Sheriff! Go modern screenwriting! And why do they keep putting Jason in a big jacket? Ever nce Jason X he's worn this big jacket. The jacket ruins his lhouette. I'm not a fan of the jacket.... Gimme the hunter green button up shirt and the khaki's any day, or the overalls and plaid shirt, even the jump suit works, just ditch the damn jacket!
BloodWasEverywhere Friday 10/21/2011 at 03:02 PM | 85623
How could anyone not like it? how is it any different from any other F13 flick? Its not. I don't even look at it as a remake, just another entry to a tired series.
AgnesItsMeBilly Friday 10/21/2011 at 05:54 PM | 85629
Def enjoyed it. Dont get me wrong, I particularly loved Jasons zombified state in the later enteries, but was refreshing to see a more humanised jason too.
Deadman36 Friday 10/21/2011 at 06:42 PM | 85631