Forums Horror Movie Talk
Rude celebrities.

The Tom Savini blog gave me the inspiration. Who else is rude to fans that you know of? I know I may take a brow beating for this one, but I've actually read Bruce Campbell can be mean. Now granted, I think Bruce is just highly sarcastic, and some people don't realize he's only ribbing them. I've read the same about William Shatner. The last bad thing I read about Campbell however I believe was on the IMDB board, and some fan said that Bruce wouldn't give them an autograph or something when they saw him out in public.

I also think sometimes fans ask Bruce stupid questions, and he lets them have it. Like one time, I read some young director asked Bruce if he'd be in his movie, and Bruce said "Why? So I can stand around while you learn how to make a movie?" or something like that. :) And then finally, I know whenever fans ask Bruce to say lines from his movies, he always asks them "Do I look like your little monkey?" - Which is pretty funny.
Zeeboe Saturday 9/03/2011 at 12:16 PM | 82118
I've bumped into a few celebrities in my life. Henry Winkler (a pleasure to meet, really great guy), Mr T (kind of an asshole...Met him in a Walmart in Pasadena, CA), Kevin Smith (another great guy, very down to earth), among others. Used to frequent Kevin Smith's comic shop in Red Bank years back. I guess a good portion of them just don't want to be bothered, which is understandable. I remember about 10 years ago, coming back from a trip to Florida, our plane was delayed several times totaling about an 8 hour wait. 8 hours in Ft Lauderdale International Airport. Hot, muggy, generally uncomfortable. We registered complaints, Continential Airlines upgraded our seating from coach to 1st Class as compensation for our inconvenience. Yes, the squeaky wheel DOES receive the most grease. Now, this was completely unexpected but, as chance has it, I wound up tting next to Gary Busey. Boy, does he like to drink.

The in-flight movie was "Head Over Heels". I remember it because it was so completely fucking stupid. But Busey thought it was absolutely hilarious. My run-ins with celebrities are such as these - If you meet them at a convention, it's expected they will gn autographs, and then you can genuflect and provide movie anecdotes, etc and they will be friendly. If you see them out on the street or on a plane, I'd suggest very minimal interaction, some of these people are raging alcoholics and are generally disturbed. Yes, I recognized Busey, I was very tempted to say I enjoyed him in Black Sheep, but he also has an aura of unpredictability about him. I couldn't bring myself to say anything to him at all. A drunk Busey is an untamed beast.
Jonny Sicko Saturday 9/03/2011 at 02:17 PM | 82122
Yeah, I've read before that Busey is a major dick. Even the other stars have bashed him. Heck, I think Busey even scared Howard Stern. lol. I remember this was like in 2002, and Busey attacked Howard on his show, and put him in a headlock. lol. That's just wrong! Howard kept saying "He's crazy! Gary Busey's crazy!".
Zeeboe Saturday 9/03/2011 at 02:27 PM | 82123