Forums Horror Movie Talk
Why is it only "The Big 3" ???

Jason. Myers. Freddy. Everyone knows them, and loves them (or loves to hate them) ... but what about the other awesome slashers? Freddy and Jason are definitely the most popular, but what about Norman Bates, Leatherface and Hannibal Lecter? These characters are just as awesome, or better than the Big 3 and are just as influential, if slightly less popular... Ok, maybe Hannibal Lecter is a bit of a stretch, for a true slasher, but he is an awesome villain. At the very Least, Leatherface should be included in this group... I mean really, he's awesome.

And where would Jason be without Bates, Myers and Leatherface anyway? Jason is pretty much a combination of all of them, a large, mentally challenged and deformed (a la Leatherface) Unstoppable Killer (a la Myers) with Mommy Issues (a al Bates)...and He's the most Iconic by far...

Freddy definitely deserves to be on the top with Myers, though, because he is extremely popular, and is probably the most creative character on this list...

I understand why all 3 of these characters have become so popular, but why does it seem like everyone decided to leave

In my opinion, All 6 of these character (Myers, Leatherface, Lecter, Bates, Voorhees, and Krueger) should be held in the same respect, even if popular culture has excluded them for the most part.
Kidtut Saturday 9/03/2011 at 08:09 PM | 82134