Forums Horror Movie Talk
WHERE THE DEAD SPEAK: The eighth delusion...

shadows of the two quarrelling figures in the far corner.

Splashes of water from his running steps and Henry’s violent kicks landed atop their only remaining torchlight.

The wisps of flames began to fizz out, into the wind.“OMAR, NO!”

Kabe hollered with vehement aggreson.

“YOUR GONNA GET KILLED!”

Kabe could see low remnants of Omar’s remaining casting flame light, as he lifted his torch above his head and crushed it down hard on the beast.

Kabe had taken a step back falling atop the decrypted stairs.

He held on tight to the unique discovery of theirs, shining his fading flashlight

towards his friends.

He seen a storm of combusting flames, burst from the head of the torch, as the unfazed monstrous black angel of death stood tall with Henry held high above her, within its grasp.

She flung him viciously toward the round tunnel entryway from which they came not 30 minutes earlier.

Kabe's flashlight followed Henry’s body and his horrid screams of pain.

Luckily, the shallow water pouring from the tunnel had padded his fall.From within that very same tunnel opening stepped something else.

“What the fuck!” Kabe stood up.

His light continued to flicker random glimpses of whoever had walked through.

It was Diem Hain.

Who in the fuck? Flared from within, Kabe quickly shined his light back over towards Omar.

His flame had nearly vanquished.

He was already retreating with his remaining light towards his brother.In the midst of the darkness surrounding them Omar didn’t take notice of the newcomer standing a couple steps from Henry.

In his vague blindness he reached down for his brother, clutching his fanny pack tightly.

He had him only momentarily.

“OMAR, RUN!”

In an instant, the dizzying echo from Kabe’s warning pulsated Omar’s cognizance, as sudden acute pain penetrated his ribcage.

The claws from the fast stalking beast had slashed Omar from behind, throwing him with ease, limp into the air.

Omar’s ght blurred with warping layers of doubled vion after splashing headfirst, into the muddy gravel bed.

He couldn’t breathe, His torchlight was gone, the charred flames exploded from the hard swipe of the enormous creature.

Omar still held his brother’s fanny pack in his grip having snapped clean from Henry’s waist.He landed close enough that Kabe could lower his elbow for Omar to grab ahold.

“Give it to me Kabe,”

The gentle voice chimed. “Give me the Lark.” The tone lowered to a whisper.”

The Lark? Kabe repeated internally.

He looked down at his treasure as its soft glow began to brighten.

Kabe dropped his flashlight into the water.

It was a mere dimming glint upon a dark haze. “GO; GO, GO GET THE FUCK OUTTA HERE!”

It was Henry, he was alive.

The bouncing light from the floating flashlight reflected the sewer room walls catching a fast glimpse of Henry's shadow stand and run blindly down the tunnel.

He had left them behind.

“Omar, over here, over here, come on, come on, lift!”

He pulled Omar to his feet.

Their treasure was the only light they had left. “I can’t hold her back long fella’s.” The strange man said to them both.

“Who are you?” Kabe screamed.

He held the glowing piece up by his eyes to help his view.

“Were dead man, were fuckin dead.” Omar cried.

“Just hand me the piece you hold and I will let you both go, just like your friend, he is already free to go, for he will make it out of here alive and so can you.” Kabe could barely see the gaunt outline of the human figure in front of him, but he could clearly make out the location of glowing red eyes of the black angel close behind, it. Kabe knew that was a lie.

They were fucked and they both knew it.

Were both dead, flashed in front of Kabe’s mind’s eye, in agreement with his friend.

“What is it?” Kabe screamed again focung his eyeght inde the glowing artifact.

It’s a spike, a fuckin rusted spike.

He brought in.

What is this thing?

His nostrils flared when its smell hit closer to him.

“Who are you?” Kabe said in a calmer tone.

“Why do you want it?”

“It holds all the answers I need,” It answered him.

“It has no meaning to you, give it to me, I…I am Diem Hain Marshalltow…it…is…mine…it…belongs to me.”

Kabe could see his shadow reach out for it.

“I have waited so very long to hold it, but you, you must give it to me, here.”

Diem’s hand appeared just within range, on the outer edges of the immolating glow.

He almost had it.

Kabe remembered the name from the inde cover of the book they had found.

He had decided at the last minute to rip the pages free from the hard cover, fold them and stuff them in his shirt pocket before they had left.

“The book,” Kabe responded.

“It was your book.”“Yes, I know, that’s right, now give me the Lark!”

Diem firmly retorted.

How would he know that? Kabe thought.

The black angel’s red eyes widened with the monster’s smiling growl, roaring from behind its long sharp teeth.

Attack was imminent. Kabe knew it.

So did Omar.

“Don’t give it to him Kabe.” Omar pleaded.

“Otherwise we’d be dead by now, man.”

Omar grabbed Kabe’s wrist.

Diem reached in clutching his fingers around the relic, stepping in closer.

“Let go of it.”

Diem giggled in excitement.“FUCK YOU!”

Omar pulled a pocket knife from his brother’s fanny pack, while Diem’s fascination was distracted by the Lark and stabbed him nearly the same spot he’d been shot at earlier.

Diem immediately dropped to his knees in the water.

He wrapped his long thin fingers, tightly gripping the knife as erratic discharges of pouring blood, could be heard splashing to the water below.

“You bastards!” He drooled with venom distaste. “Kill them now, KILL THEM ALL!”

He gurgled to his true love.

The angel was mid-air charging before Diem finished his sentence.

Its large claws reached out straight towards Kabe’s heart, which was what it wanted to begin with.

With Kabe’s last hoorah, without hetation and fearing his last breath upon him, he launched the glowing Lark towards the flying beast as hard as he could.

Just as the Lark struck the black angel of death, it erupted with a loud exploon of lights and energy, soon filling the room with a dark voided vibration, a black hole that was encircled by bright rays of light.

Kabe and Omar were temporarily blinded; their arms blocked their face.

The vast, sphere doorway hovered just above the decaying wooden steps.

The black angel was gone, nowhere, vanished. She’s dead.

Kabe had hoped.

And she was.

Diem’s body had flown hard to the wall.

He too, appeared to be dead.

He wasn’t.

By Michael Mowder, Jr. 2000-2003, 2011 Illustration w/added effect: By Michael Mowder, Jr. 1999, 2011
MOWDEReeL Tuesday 9/06/2011 at 02:40 AM | 82212