Forums Horror Movie Talk
Creature: Where The Hell Is The Promotion?

Unless you invest 23.5 hours a day in front of the boob tube, you’re probably unaware of the forthcoming monster flick, Creature. I know I spend plenty of time frying my brain with the garbage that seeps from the big screen, and until this evening, I’d never so much as heard of this flick!

According to IMDB, the film takes place “In the back country of Louiana,

a group of friends unearth a terrible secret that unleashes a monster from the depths of the swamp.”

The cast includes D'Arcy Allen, Daniel Bernhardt, Mehcad Brooks and d Haig. Production degner Fred Andrews makes his writing (alongde Tracy Morse) and directorial debut.

The trailer packs some attractive faces and cool imagery, and honestly, I’ll be damned if the monster on hand isn’t quite menacing.

Check out the film this Friday, when it hits limited theaters!

http://youtu.be/0wFLRbkzWxo
Matt_Molgaard Tuesday 9/06/2011 at 04:53 AM | 82215
It has a $3million budget, I'd say that's why the publicity is nonexistent. I think they're lucky they're getting even a limited release in theaters and not a straight to video or worse, SyFy premiere!
dew Tuesday 9/06/2011 at 11:53 PM | 82249
no budget or not, there hasnt even been any gnificant discusons on horror tes, which is free (excluding paid ad potions)...weird as hell to me
Matt_Molgaard Wednesday 9/07/2011 at 01:58 AM | 82268
no budget or not, there hasnt even been any gnificant discusons on horror tes, which is free (excluding paid ad potions)...weird as hell to me

I wrote for a print mag for a while that went belly up with the receson, and I noted very quickly that a negative review was not often given much promo. I honestly think there is a fair bit of pay to play in this sort of thing - promo is bought and paid for. This is one of the reasons I like HB so much; it's input from actual fans and not someone sucking up to studios.

That being said... I think there is a LOT slinking by under the radar these days.
dew Wednesday 9/07/2011 at 09:39 PM | 82295
I'm tting here watching Ghost Hunters and just saw a commercial for the movie, literally a few minutes ago.

It was quite posbly the shortest commercial I've ever seen.
gummi Thursday 9/08/2011 at 12:25 AM | 82310
No promotion? are you kidding? ade from the bombardment of TV spots (and what lower budget horrors enjoy that luxury?) the film was the cover story of the latest FANGORIA and they've had

huge marketing campaign at every convention with tables of free posters, shirts, bracelets and so on. The PR is not on the level of the first PARANORMAL ACTIVITY, but its safe to say that CREATURE has had a solid amount of promotion.
ny ghoul Wednesday 9/14/2011 at 12:45 AM | 82651