Forums Horror Movie Talk
Beetlejuice Back From The Dead? A Sequel Is In The Works!

The title say's it all! According to Deadline, KatzSmith Productions partners David Katzenberg and Seth Grahame-Smith have just gned a two-year first-look feature producing deal at Warner Bros, and one of their first projects is expected to be the long awaited sequel to the 1988 Tim Burton-directed hit

Beetlejuice.

The film will not be a remake (THANK GOD!); the intention is to reboot it by continuing the storyline of the original, which was done by The Geffen Company and Warner Bros.

As part of the deal Grahame-Smith will handle the writing duties on two scripts and there's a real good chance that Beetlejuice 2 will be one of them.

Before this deal, Grahame-Smith and Katzenberg (pictured Below) were condered by Lionsgate to co-direct the David O Russell-scripted Pride and Prejudice and Zombies but in the end, it was Craig Gillespie who eventually scored the job.

No word has been made as to whether star Michael Keaton would be returing to reprise his role as Beetlejuice.

Source: Deadline
Anonymous Tuesday 9/06/2011 at 07:04 PM | 82233
Well hopefuly

Michael Keaton dose gn on....cause id rather see no one els being beetlejuice....
chardy Tuesday 9/06/2011 at 07:18 PM | 82234
Cross your fingers! Hopefully we will get Keaton for it!
Naturesrage Tuesday 9/06/2011 at 08:25 PM | 82237
Hopefully. Please please please please get Keaton. I don't want anyone else.
Kiki_Freddy's_girl Tuesday 9/06/2011 at 09:44 PM | 82239
I'd actually be surprised if Keaton turned that down. He hasn't done anything good for a while now!
joshk1986 Tuesday 9/06/2011 at 10:00 PM | 82240
I hate to come across as a downer, but I hate to see people get their hopes up - This is going to be like a remake. It will have a new story, and it will have some young actor playing Beetlejuice. I can't see Keaton coming back as much as I'd like to.

I think they are just calling it a sequel to avoid ticked off hardcore fans.
Zeeboe Tuesday 9/06/2011 at 11:06 PM | 82245
I hate to come across as a downer, but I hate to see people get their hopes up - This is going to be like a remake. It will have a new story, and it will have some young actor playing Beetlejuice. I can't see Keaton coming back as much as I'd like to.

I think they are just calling it a sequel to avoid ticked off hardcore fans.

Yeah wouldn't a reboot pretty much mean the same as a remake? Unless they're continuing with the original characters set years later (and honestly how could they even do that at this point?), it would have to be a remake with a different actor in the role.

Lame.
dew Tuesday 9/06/2011 at 11:47 PM | 82248
Keaton has said before that he would do it again ( I think he also said that it's his favorite role that he has played) So as long as the story doesnt suck, I could see him doing it....Also, just my opinion, but it should totally start off with him still waiting in the lobby...
Diabeticace Wednesday 9/07/2011 at 12:09 AM | 82252
...Also, just my opinion, but it should totally start off with him still waiting in the lobby...
SuperSeanski Wednesday 9/07/2011 at 06:48 PM | 82284
Ohhh if they were to get Michael Keaton for this, this would officially become one of the movies I am most looking forward to seeing! Nobody else would do Beetlejuice justice!
AMadSquirrel21 Wednesday 9/07/2011 at 09:42 PM | 82296
The only way I'll watch this is if it's a sequel with Keaton as Beetlejuice.

I'm just not interested in seeing yet another unnecessary reboot.
gummi Thursday 9/08/2011 at 12:13 AM | 82305
If Keaton don't do it. Then I would have to hope a good character actor like Johnny depp would play the role.
Michaelmath53326 Thursday 9/08/2011 at 05:50 PM | 82338
How funny! I just watched an interview with Keaton where the interviewer asked him which character he most would like to revit. His response: "Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice". He's also made a few comments about wanting to do a sequel in the past. So it seems he would definitely be interested in repring the role.

If this actually happens they would be completely stupid not to have him do it, especially if it is a direct sequel. I would feel sorry for any actor foolhardy enough to try and take his place. It's not like the Joker, where you could have a new interpretation of the character.

But this is Hollywood we're talking about so never take anything for granted. That said, congrats to the screenwriters, what a dream job! I hope they do great things with it...
Bioexorcist Tuesday 9/13/2011 at 01:30 AM | 82541
wow just wow and um wow

Pepa77 Wednesday 9/14/2011 at 03:22 PM | 82695