Forums Horror Movie Talk
The Blind Dead series

not sure how many of you have seen these movies but if you havent

i highly suggest you do.

These movies made in Spainin the 70's have a very unique take on zombies.

depending on what movie you watch either their eyes were plucked by crows or they were burned out by villagers.

They were knights of the templar and were sacrificing young women to feed their bloodlust and quest for imortality.

They come back from the dead and ride horses! They cant see so they hunt by sound and in my opinion some of the finest looking walking corpses ever.

The 4 movies are titled Tombs of the Blind Dead, Return of the Blind Dead, Ghost Galloen and Night of the Seagulls

if you have problems finding these gems i do have all 4 of them, spanish AND american verons
Johnny Bisco Friday 8/15/2008 at 06:48 PM | 16815
Saw Tomb long time ago...had almost forgotten about it but you're right it was a good one. Haven't seen the others...yet.

;)
lblambert Friday 8/15/2008 at 07:11 PM | 16816
ive been on a marathon of them all day

Johnny Bisco Friday 8/15/2008 at 07:24 PM | 16817
Like the pics...looks like i'll need to rent those too....lol

kweandee Friday 8/15/2008 at 09:01 PM | 16830
Like the pics...looks like i'll need to rent those too....lol

those are tought to find if you want to rent them. the local blockbuster will not carry those, not sure if you can even net flix them

also they had so many alternate titles good luck trying to find them under the proper names

*EDIT*

ok i did all the homework for you good luck!

Tombs of the Blind Dead is also known as....................

A Noite do Terror Cego (Portugal) Crypt of the Blind Dead Mark of the Devil, Part 4: Tombs of the Blind Dead (USA) Night of the Blind Dead Noche de la muerta ciega, La Revenge from Planet Ape (USA) (recut veron) The Blind Dead (USA) The Night of the Blind Terror (International: English title) (literal title) Tombs of the Blind DeadReturn of the Blind Dead is also known as............

Attack of the Blind Dead (undefined) Cavalcata dei morti senza occhi, La Italy Cavalcata dei resuscitati ciechi, La Italy Kravgi ton zombi, I Greece Mark of the Devil 5: Return of the Blind Dead USA Révolte des morts-vivants, La Canada (French title) Rückkehr der reitenden Leichen, Die West Germany Retour des morts-vivants, Le France Return of the Blind Dead (undefined) Return of the Evil Dead

Ghost Galleon is also known as............

Geisterschiff der reitenden Leichen, Das West Germany Geisterschiff der schwimmenden Leichen, Das West Germany (video title) Ghost Ships of the Blind Dead (undefined) Horror of the Zombies (undefined) Monde des morts-vivants, Le France Nave maledetta, La Italy Noche del buque maldito, La (undefined) Ploio me ta zombi, To Greece Ship of Zombies USA The Blind Dead 3 USA The Ghost Galleon (undefined) Zombie Flesh Eater USA (DVD title)and the absolute hardest of the series to find Night of the Seagulls is also known as......

Blutgericht der reitenden Leichen, Das West Germany Chevauchée des morts-vivants, La France Don't Go Out at Night UK (video title) Night of the Blood Cult (undefined) Night of the Death Cult (undefined) Night of the Seagulls USA Noc upiorów Poland Notte dei resuscitati ciechi, La Italy (DVD title) Terror Beach (undefined) (video title) The Blind Dead 4 USA
Johnny Bisco Friday 8/15/2008 at 09:15 PM | 16831
one more note on these movies

if you get a copy of this under the alternate usa titles they are cut with a lot of boobs and gore cut out

i have zombie flesh eater which is the alternate to the ghost galleon and let me tell you it sucks lol im so glad i have ghost galleon now!
Johnny Bisco Friday 8/15/2008 at 09:22 PM | 16834

ok i did all the homework for you good luck!

A Noite do Terror Cego (Portugal) Crypt of the Blind Dead Mark of the Devil, Part 4: Tombs of the Blind Dead (USA) Night of the Blind Dead Noche de la muerta ciega, La Revenge from Planet Ape (USA) (recut veron) The Blind Dead (USA) The Night of the Blind Terror (International: English title) (literal title) Tombs of the Blind DeadReturn of the Blind Dead is also known as............

Attack of the Blind Dead (undefined) Cavalcata dei morti senza occhi, La Italy Cavalcata dei resuscitati ciechi, La Italy Kravgi ton zombi, I Greece Mark of the Devil 5: Return of the Blind Dead USA Révolte des morts-vivants, La Canada (French title) Rückkehr der reitenden Leichen, Die West Germany Retour des morts-vivants, Le France Return of the Blind Dead (undefined) Return of the Evil Dead

Geisterschiff der reitenden Leichen, Das West Germany Geisterschiff der schwimmenden Leichen, Das West Germany (video title) Ghost Ships of the Blind Dead (undefined) Horror of the Zombies (undefined) Monde des morts-vivants, Le France Nave maledetta, La Italy Noche del buque maldito, La (undefined) Ploio me ta zombi, To Greece Ship of Zombies USA The Blind Dead 3 USA The Ghost Galleon (undefined) Zombie Flesh Eater USA (DVD title)and the absolute hardest of the series to find Night of the Seagulls is also known as......

Blutgericht der reitenden Leichen, Das West Germany Chevauchée des morts-vivants, La France Don't Go Out at Night UK (video title) Night of the Blood Cult (undefined) Night of the Death Cult (undefined) Night of the Seagulls USA Noc upiorów Poland Notte dei resuscitati ciechi, La Italy (DVD title) Terror Beach (undefined) (video title) The Blind Dead 4 USA

Damn....lol

thanks hun....well there's only one other video store now that my favorite one closed ade from block buster which I hate...lol if I don't see them there I'll just have to buy them online. May do that anyway....

kweandee Saturday 8/16/2008 at 02:46 PM | 16909
Johnny Bisco Saturday 8/16/2008 at 11:35 PM | 16943
Great films aesthetically but I found them very slow. I thought the directing was poor. For as good they are they could have been so much better.
FilmFiends Sunday 8/17/2008 at 05:06 PM | 16988
Is this a subtle hint where someone might purchase copies of these movies?

lblambert Sunday 8/17/2008 at 06:20 PM | 16994
Great films aesthetically but I found them very slow. I thought the directing was poor. For as good they are they could have been so much better. im curious as to whether or not you saw the uncut ones. the directing seems poor on the american ones because they cut the crap out of them when released and screwed up the pacing (especially return of the evil dead)

it also boils down to taste as well, i really like european movies and i found these to be highly original and not the same old same old zombie flicks
Johnny Bisco Sunday 8/17/2008 at 07:18 PM | 16998

That's it?????

DaShape Tuesday 8/19/2008 at 03:14 AM | 17101
nce we're talking about this series, figured I'd post this display bust from Tombs of the Blind Dead. This one is owned by John Thomas.

lblambert Thursday 8/21/2008 at 02:53 AM | 17273
that is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Johnny Bisco Thursday 8/21/2008 at 03:52 AM | 17281
I agree...

kweandee Thursday 8/21/2008 at 11:07 AM | 17290
I agree...Great contribution there Des
lblambert Thursday 8/21/2008 at 10:48 PM | 17323