Forums Horror Movie Talk
More "Found Footage" News - Recovery From Camp Crystal Lake (FRIDAY THE 13TH: Part 2)

All I can say is there are sure a lot of random VHS tapes being left behind these days. Where does one have to go to just stumble upon one of these videos? Can you imagine walking around your house and you find a video tape that has a bunch of people getting the shit stabbed out of them or a ghost is mesng with a family? It never happens but if it does your first call should be 911 and secondly a movie studio, because you just found gold, lol!

According to ShockTillYouDrop.com more news of this mysterious "found footage slasher" film is still leaking out. If only director Adam Green knew what can of worms he would open when he mentioned this in an interview the other day. Todd Farmer has came out and stated multiple things about the future of HALLOWEEN 3D and the HELLRAISER remake. Now it appears as if FRIDAY THE 13TH can be added to the list.

STYD states that the talk that Green was speculating about was none other than Jason Voorhees and FRIDAY THE 13TH. The second installment to the 2009 remake that apparently the studio is shopping around as a posble "found footage" film.Although Brad Fuller (producer of the 2009 remake) stated that "Platinum Dunes says there is still no movement on any sort on sequel to Dunes' 2009 production."

So if Platinum Dunes isn't shopping this idea around then who is? My head is spinning as I am sure yours is too. And everyone that has been reporting on this the past couple of days, we have no idea what to think.

Could a "found footage" film taken from Camp Crystal Lake work? What do you think. . .

Source:

http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news/to ... p?id=20832
Shakelford, J. Rusty Thursday 9/08/2011 at 01:17 AM | 82314
I can't picture a friday the 13th film as a found footage film. you would barely see jason and i love seeing jason in the movie performing the kills and what not. i love all the camera angles around him. I don't think this is a great idea for the franchise in my opinion.
jasondaman8 Thursday 9/08/2011 at 01:22 AM | 82315
Despite what STYD is reporting, I'm still leaning towards Halloween 3D as being this mystery film that Adam Green failed to mention by name. Originally I though he might be referring to the Friday the 13th 2009 sequel, but after reading Farmers rant on Twitter, and then reading his excluve interview with B-D, I'd put my money on H3D. There's no way two popular franchises would both opt to release found footage sequels. No way in hell. It's either one or the other.
Anonymous Thursday 9/08/2011 at 02:35 AM | 82318
I agree Brian, it doesn't seem like the Shock information proves anything? Am I misng something? Fuller is stating that they aren't working on the film and Shock doesn't provide any other info? This is crazy, it has to be Myers or Jason and if Friday isn't even being worked on how are people saying Jason? Don't we know at this point that Myers is coming back in October of next year? This isn't adding up.
indygogo Thursday 9/08/2011 at 02:42 AM | 82319
Spoiler alert: It's actually the Nightmare on Elm Street sequel that's gonna go the found footage route.

It makes sense if you don't think about it.
steelcorpfilms Thursday 9/08/2011 at 02:48 AM | 82320
@indygogo

That's my exact thoughts, that article proves nothing. Here's what was said,

"With a bit of digging, we discovered it was none other than a new Friday the 13th was at the center of these development talks."

"Last we heard, a sequel penned by Damian Shannon and Mark Swift had not yet been given the green light. Needless to say, I was surprised to hear that a follow-up was posbly being re-tooled to match the "found footage" fad that horror has been latching onto, especially after Apollo 18's dismal box office performance."

Who did they hear this from? No source was mentioned. Anybody can say they were digging for info and found it, but without any source to back it up, how credible is that?

So why would Adam Green be approached to do a F13 FF film if Brad Fuller at Platinum Dunes assured STYD that "there is still no movement on any sort on sequel?"

That article is pointless in my eye's. It really offers nothing except the fact the a F13 sequel is currently in limbo.

Now if you take what Green said below in his interview with Bleeding Cool and analyze just a bit you may come to the same concluon as me.

Now they’re taking, and I can’t say the name of it, but a very well-known slasher franchise, and when I got the call I was like, “I would love to do this!” "OK, it’s going to be a found footage movie.” I was like, "Why?" And they were like, “Because Paranormal Activity made a lot of money.”

Because PA made a lot of money? Hmmmm,that's exactly something that I could hear coming from the mouths of the Weinsteins. Which puts even more merit on the H3D speculation.
Anonymous Thursday 9/08/2011 at 03:34 AM | 82322
preach on brother bnizzle, preach on.

i think you're dead on, the weinsteins love to cut costs and make some dollars.

after a few failures at the box office these cats are looking for some bank. nothing says we want money like putting out a documentary michael myers film does it?
JaneDoe Thursday 9/08/2011 at 07:46 AM | 82325
@ bnizzle

"There's no way two popular franchise would both opt to release found footage sequels. No way in hell. It's either one or the other."

I seem to remember a couple of volcano movies released at the same time, and there were those pesky asteroid flicks.

Oh, and what about the two 19th century magic movies a couple of years ago?

Hollywood certainly isn't above this sort of behavior.
freakengine Thursday 9/08/2011 at 03:44 PM | 82334
I don't undstand how a found footage of F13 would even work. Jason kills in the middle of nowhere, the footage would have to be from a cell phone or camcorder or something and I just don't think that would work. If it were Halloween being done then it might work. They could use security cameras from inde Smith's Grove or around Haddonfield as well as handhelds. I actually think it's a cool idea, but I would hate that idea to be wasted on the big screen. I would suggest making some found footage videos for F13 or Halloween to be used as viral marketing or something. Make them web excluve even.
Ed Reilly Thursday 9/08/2011 at 05:18 PM | 82337
@ Tom

" I seem to remember a couple of volcano movies released at the same time, and there were those pesky asteroid flicks. Oh, and what about the two 19th century magic movies a couple of years ago? Hollywood certainly isn't above this sort of behavior."

I'm not sure if I would compare 2 of the top 3 slasher films of all time to a movie about asteroids, and volcanoes.

Hollywood is so trendy, they would certainly wait until to see if this method would generate some serious bank for one of these slashers, then the flood gates would be open up wide for the rest - which is exactly why there are so many horror remakes.
Anonymous Friday 9/09/2011 at 01:49 AM | 82358
I don't undstand how a found footage of F13 would even work. Jason kills in the middle of nowhere, the footage would have to be from a cell phone or camcorder or something and I just don't think that would work. If it were Halloween being done then it might work. They could use security cameras from inde Smith's Grove or around Haddonfield as well as handhelds. I actually think it's a cool idea, but I would hate that idea to be wasted on the big screen. I would suggest making some found footage videos for F13 or Halloween to be used as viral marketing or something. Make them web excluve even. I wholeheartedly agree with this post and believe that it would only work for viral marketing and if the films were like this on the big screen, they might be flops. PA has already lost its appeal to many especially nce they went with the Bloody Mary route. I actually thought the first two PA films were decent but the third film looks really bad.
Sephit Saturday 9/10/2011 at 04:41 AM | 82404