Forums Horror Movie Talk
A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET: PART 2' Remake Set For 2012?

After the box office success of the 2010 veron of, 'A Nightmare On Elm Street' there were talks about shooting an immediate sequel. We don't know much about the upcoming project thus far, though we hope to hear more soon. However, recent word indicated that the film will be made in 2012.

Source:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1650038/

After reading the plot synops you will see how often IMDB can be trusted. judge for yourself.

http://blogs.examiner.co.uk/moviesfilmscinema/a-nightmare-on-elm-street-20090722103059768_640w.jpg" class="photoborder" />
horror3747 Tuesday 9/13/2011 at 01:35 AM | 82543
I personally thought that the remake of NOES was absolutely terrible. I saw it twice and my opinion never changed. I thought Freddy was bland and his makeup made him look like a hamster. There was no character development and I didn't care if any of them died. I would much rather prefer a sequel to the Friday the 13th remake and I didn't even like that remake. I understand that most movies are going to be remade these days but this one was just a slap in the face. No one wanted to even do this movie from what I understood. Hopefully the sequel will prove to be a little better. But I don't have high hopes.
suzys25 Wednesday 9/14/2011 at 04:46 PM | 82699
IT'S NOT EVER GOING TO HAPPEN SO DEAL WITH IT ALREADY ALL THE BS ON THIS AND THERE WILL BE NO PART 2 .IMDB LIKE TO STIR THINGS UP BUT IT WON'T HAPPEN
nightmareblade Wednesday 9/14/2011 at 06:13 PM | 82703
there will indeed be a part 2. Jackie gned on for (I believe) 3 installments.
Matt_Molgaard Wednesday 9/14/2011 at 06:58 PM | 82708
.....I am literally shaking right now. This is damn near rage inducing. Not even gonna lie. I will pirate this film just to fucking watch the train wreck. The theaters aren't getting my money.
Kiki_Freddy's_girl Wednesday 9/14/2011 at 07:07 PM | 82709
I'll be there to fork out my moolah. I enjoyed the remake quite a bit.
Matt_Molgaard Wednesday 9/14/2011 at 07:52 PM | 82715
Maybe I'm just to friggin' picky. But none the less. All of my rage!
Kiki_Freddy's_girl Wednesday 9/14/2011 at 10:23 PM | 82727
I thought the NOES remake was complete fail. My views for this opinion are just the completely uninspired "dream sequences" and lack of any original scares. Granted, yes, I know it was a remake. But I would figure all of the ample opportunity to build on the already established ideas and put in some twists... They just could've done a much better job IMO. I'm a huge fan of Jacky Earl Haley, ever nce the original Bad News Bears. Just felt his talents were wasted on a poor script.
Jonny Sicko Wednesday 9/14/2011 at 11:51 PM | 82732
I liked the remake myself, and look forward to any remake that is released. Gives something new to watch, as opposed to having to watch the same old movie over and over.

Don't get me wrong the old movies are clascs, which is what they are and always will be. I always see that the re-makes draw in a new crowd and let the company's make some money for

themselves.... whats wrong with that? New people get into the horror community, get interested by the remakes and then buy the older movies which gives everyone revenue... Problem?
haloboyvash Thursday 9/15/2011 at 08:55 AM | 82765
haloboyvash, I agree with you completely; couldn't have said it better myself!... I'll never truly understand peoples unwarranted, unjustified and undying hate for remakes. As fan of all types of horror, I can't see why anybody wouldn't want to see a story/movie/character that they love modernized, updated, re-interpreted or just shown from a different perspective.... It's not like the originals are going away?
zombie7666 Thursday 9/15/2011 at 03:01 PM | 82779