Forums Horror Movie Talk
Alexandre Courtes' THE INCIDENT Causes Audience Members To Faint: IFC Midnight Buying

We're being told by Deadline that IFC Midnight is in the process of finalizing a U.S. distribution rights deal for The Incident, the horror title that supposedly created quite a stir when a couple of audience members couldn't handle the hardcore scenes of the film, so they responded by fainting. IFC Midnight negotiated the deal with Paradigm Motion Picture Finance Group, with SND selling foreign.

The Incident, which is directed by Alexandre Courtes was shown at a screening this morning in the Midnight Madness category of the Toronto International Film Festival - but apparently it's clearly not for the squeamish. Deadline reported earlier that two moviegoers fainted and an ambulance was called.

The movie is about three struggling mucians who moonlight as cooks in a high security insane asylum.

When a storm shuts down the security system, the cells are unlocked and dangerous inmates run wild. Apparently, one person fainted when one of the cooks was tied to a stove top and burned alive. That will get you every time.

Check out the trailer below, to see what all the fuss is about.

http://youtu.be/1PG3SCotacM

Source:Deadline
Anonymous Tuesday 9/13/2011 at 07:00 PM | 82597
As long as there no rape in this movie than it sounds cool
nightmareblade Tuesday 9/13/2011 at 08:27 PM | 82611
Paranormal Incident?! Are they kidding?
joshk1986 Wednesday 9/14/2011 at 09:30 AM | 82684
looking forward to this one!

although, I've learned that sometimes when trailers are this entertaining, the movie sucks...bad. :/
LaLaLauren1011 Wednesday 9/14/2011 at 08:20 PM | 82718
Say no rape, and i'll give it ago!!
cat Thursday 9/15/2011 at 05:06 PM | 82786
The film looks cool and the story sounds like it'll be very ck and scary. I am terrified of loony bins, so Im sure I'll get a kick out of this one. People fainting though?I am not sure about that lol, sounds good and old school though. Maybe the dvd cover will read "banned in 23 countries" too.
ny ghoul Friday 9/16/2011 at 09:28 AM | 82819