Forums Horror Movie Talk
Should Leatherface Be Put To Rest After 'TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE 3D'?

We all know one of the old clascs of horror, 'The Texas Chainsaw Massacre'. After 'The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning' was made and released, most of us probably thought that that was the end of Leatherface's grizzly work. But it was announced earlier this year that another 'Texas Chainsaw' movie will be in the works. There's still one little catch, ' The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 3D' will not continue the storyline from the 2003 remake, but will continue the storyline from Tobe Hooper's original 'The Texas Chainsaw Massacre'(1974). In a press release casting announcement, Lionsgate revealed that Gunnar Hanson, who portrayed Hooper's (1974) veron of Leatherface, will return in the franchise but to have a cameo. Bill Moseley who had played in one of the original 'Texas Chainsaw' movies will also return in this new installment of 'The Texas Chainsaw Massacre'.

What you think? Should Leatherface be done with? Or would you like to see more?

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Texas-Chainsaw-Massacre-3D-Cast-Includes-Original-Leatherface-25805.html

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcStQmeD5T7XnNVVNWep_0mXRGCuJ7b9qDDKXp8sGvWAdLgOH-nNeA
horror3747 Tuesday 9/13/2011 at 10:30 PM | 82623
I think they'll be more regardless of fans wishes... I just wish they didn't have to jump on the 3D bandwagon...pointless!
zombie7666 Friday 9/16/2011 at 07:44 PM | 82829
they need to let the story rest. The reboots were fair, but in all honesty they're extremely overrated and cluttered with technical convolution. If you want to be real about it, the last one that truly had any charm was TCSM 2, which was an awfully long time ago for a franchise that's drug on this long.
Matt_Molgaard Friday 9/16/2011 at 10:37 PM | 82835
they need to let the story rest. The reboots were fair, but in all honesty they're extremely overrated and cluttered with technical convolution. If you want to be real about it, the last one that truly had any charm was TCSM 2, which was an awfully long time ago for a franchise that's drug on this long.

I do agree that they should stop making films for this franchise. I've never seen TCSM2 but this new film is supposed to be a direct sequel to the original TCSM because apparently TCSM 2 didn't follow the storyline. It's confung on how they have this one set...
horror3747 Friday 9/16/2011 at 11:27 PM | 82836
No way. As long as they take time and actually do good stories I wouldn't care if they continued for the next 30 years. But like I said they NEED to write compelling stories and not rehashing of the same old crap. And I think the remakes were actually really good. The stories were different and original while giving new parts of their back story. We'll have to see what happens though. Hopefully it doesn't go the way of most remakes.
weaponx Friday 9/16/2011 at 11:47 PM | 82839
No way. As long as they take time and actually do good stories I wouldn't care if they continued for the next 30 years. But like I said they NEED to write compelling stories and not rehashing of the same old crap. And I think the remakes were actually really good. The stories were different and original while giving new parts of their back story. We'll have to see what happens though. Hopefully it doesn't go the way of most remakes.

see to me, both remakes (prequel included) tell the same damn story the original told. The extremely slight storyline additions just didn't win me over. I enjoyed watching them once, and the prequel did offer a stronger switch in detail direction, but they don't go any further from me. They're just retelling the same story with new faces and a finer post production sheen.

I think the first remake should have gnaled the end. It was the same story, but it was nice seeing it modernized. While the prequel is a bit more gruesome, it really just comes off as sadistic rather than effective addition.
Matt_Molgaard Saturday 9/17/2011 at 12:59 AM | 82845
yes make many more....after all im a true horror slasher fan....I wanna see these films till im 80 years old....
chardy Saturday 9/17/2011 at 11:01 PM | 82868
A competent writer and solid director with the right cast? I honestly might look forward to such a TCM film. I doubt it will happen. We'll more than likely get quickly shot crap done on the cheap. Collectors will buy the dvd's and that will be that.

TCM 3D is going to blow, so maybe that will affect the franchise's future.
ny ghoul Saturday 9/17/2011 at 11:41 PM | 82869
As long as they don't go the found footage route and we get to see a new badass mask then I'm all for it! I love watching the TCM movies, sans the early sequels after part 2. The original has a great feel to it, sound degn, muc score and my second favorite would have to be the remake. I know a lot of people like part 2 much more but it was too lly for my taste and didn't have the tone that I feel a TCM film should have. The remake has a badass mask and leatherface looks awesome, not to mention the house being very daunting. I'm also a sucker for Jesca Biel and Lee Ermey does a kickass job as well! "She's a little wet down there, what you boys been doin with this dead body?" The prequel felt very milar to the remake but with more brutality, we get to see leatherface make a mask, use his chainsaw in many ways and we get somewhat of an updated dinner scene. I'm very curious what they plan to do with this sequel to the original and will definitely be watching this film when it comes out 3D or not!
Sephit Sunday 9/18/2011 at 11:13 PM | 82925
I don't know just how much more can be done with Leatherface. He's sort of a one dimenonal character (and that's saying a lot when it comes to horror movie slashers). I think they should use this sequel to tie up all loose ends, and be done with the franchise. We'll see what happens though...
deadbutalive Tuesday 9/27/2011 at 01:08 AM | 83333