Forums Horror Movie Talk
HATCHET: Victor Crowley's 5 Best Kills!

Victor Crowley has quickly become a contemporary horror icon. He’s already earned his place as a tattoo on the enormous ass of today’s pop culture scene, and he’s obviously, deeply beloved within the realm of horror. The Hatchet series hatched from the shell of Adam Green’s dome back in 2006 and has already spawned a fair sequel that managed to draw even more controversy than its predecessor, which itself earned quite the industry reputation thanks to boatloads of gore of and a distinctive vintage appeal.

Although the direct follow-up has been heavily panned by critics, it’s actually a rather enjoyable sequel that, like another great direct sequel, Halloween II, is taking time to catch on with viewers. I think expectations ran extremely high for Hatchet after the shocking impact the first feature made on the genre.

Having just tuned into both films consecutively, I’m actually far fonder of Hatchet II than I was just a few days ago. The details haven’t changed much. The story of Victor Crowley and his cruel demise is expanded upon, random characters featured in cameo slots in the first film return, and a sound climactic concept that scream conceivability is exercised quite well. In all actuality, ade from all the additional set pieces, the casting alteration of Mary Beth and the lack of goofball Joel David Moore, this is a damn fine sequel that plays truthful to the same honorary elements of Hatchet; the body count rises, the gore is ratcheted up nicely and no one who survived the first film is guaranteed to survive this second wave of terror.

But you see, this piece isn’t about whether Hatchet II is a quality picture or not. It’s not about whether or not you fancy the first film. Hell, it’s not even a bac ploy to begin early hype for the upcoming third installment. No, this piece is all about the absolute best death scenes the franchise has to offer at this point. And we should all be honest with each other: these flicks are so damn gory, this concept should be far more entertaining than a mple review or a franchise recap.

Matt_Molgaard Wednesday 9/14/2011 at 06:47 PM | 82707
The skull snapping is for sure the best, although as for the doggy style death, I'd have to go for the 'axe-wound' slaughter the girl gets while crawling on her knees! That death is just so ck and twisted!
joshk1986 Tuesday 9/20/2011 at 12:13 PM | 83016
definitely a good pick!
Matt_Molgaard Tuesday 9/20/2011 at 02:34 PM | 83022