Forums Horror Movie Talk
Inner Fearence

Check Out:

https://www.youtube.com/user/MOWDEReeL
MOWDEReeL Thursday 9/15/2011 at 03:54 PM | 82783
there's definitely some spirit in this little project. A few of the initial jump scares were nice: well executed. The idea that "the parents" are transformed into possessed almost zombieish figures is a fun idea. The Paranormal Activity/Ghost Hunters influence is obvious, but thats not a bad thing.

There are moments in which the score is EXTREMELY creepy, and I dug that a lot.

What I wasn't crazy about:

The sound was terrible. It was all over the place, and it comes across as a bit... confung; there's a frantic feeling that could work with some help, but misses the mark a little bit here (some of the level fluctuations really threw me off as well, especially nce I tuned in with my headphones on lol).

I'm not crazy about the fact that the film is mostly 1st person: I think it either should be 100% first, or not - one way or the other. the narrative scenes when dad is on screen just doesn't work too well. I think a great way to approach this one would have been to keep plenty of the footage stationary. You've got the lead walking around with the camera filming, then you've got the lead being filmed mysteriously (again, falls back on the first person issue I talked about) with some narration overlaying the picture, it doesn't work too well. Had you used the camera in established places and caught the action that way, approaching the film as a FULL ON found footage type flick, it would have definitely carried a more coheve feel to the film. That said, that's obviously a lot more challenging, and you've really got to nail the effects if you shoot in that manner.

Summing it up: enjoyable, though a little jumbled visually and audibly. Definitely some pason in the project though, and I appreciate that. Keep studying, keep shooting, and get yourself in touch with someone who's got some DP experience: I think you could transform some good ideas into a stronger little flick.
Matt_Molgaard Saturday 9/17/2011 at 12:23 AM | 82842