Forums Horror Movie Talk
Ashley Bell Returning as Nell Sweetzer In The Last Exorcism Sequel

Several weeks ago we announced that writer/director Damien Chazelle had been chosen to pen the found-footage follow-up surprise 2010 summer hit The Last Exorcism. Now more news is coming our way regarding the upcoming project.

According to Bloody-Disgusting who caught up with actress Ashley Bell during the Toronto International Film Festival, Bell will be making her return in the sequel.

"I just gned on for the sequel of Last Exorcism," Bell said to Bloody. "It's 'The Last Exorcism For Reales You Guys,'" she joked. "That's the full title."

Bell continued, "Whenever you get that phone call, that opportunity, it's incredible. I loved working with Strike Entertainment and Eli the first time around. To be able to work with them again, that’s what I'm most excited about. They’re an incredible company."

Bell will be repring the character of Nell Sweetzer, but she wouldn't lend out any additional information involving the character's "state." "I'm so excited," said Bell." I have not seen or heard anything so I don’t know what is going to go down." "I am sworn to secrecy. My life's now worth more than sharing any other details."

Studio Canal will be financing the follow-up which is slated to go into production later this fall.

Source: B-D
Anonymous Thursday 9/15/2011 at 09:56 PM | 82800
She was amazing in the original.
AgnesItsMeBilly Thursday 9/15/2011 at 09:58 PM | 82801
She was amazing in the original.

Agreed. She played the innocent girl so well. Warmed my heart. And then she turned it around and offered a 'blowing job.' Brilliant. My friends hate me for liking the film, but i say the ending doesn't ruin it at all. I would love to see some more Nell in a sequel.
nolifefan Friday 9/16/2011 at 03:02 PM | 82822