Forums Horror Movie Talk
'Blair Witch' Creator Eduardo Sanchez Confirm's That He's Ready To Make a Third Film

The film that's been associated with for starting the found footage frenzy may be returning for a third chapter.

According To Bloody-Disgusting, who caught up with

Eduardo Sanchez co-creator of the Blair Witch Project, a sequel that will bring back the three main characters of the original film is planned.

Sanchez confirmed that he is ready to make a third chapter which travel down the same path as the first film."It's completely up to Lionsgate," Sanchez said. "Dan and I are ready to do it. We've been toying around with a sequel idea that we really like. It's just a matter of getting our schedules in line and having Lionsgate gn off on the idea. We've been ready to do a 'Blair Witch' movie for a long time. We're as close as we've ever been to making it happen but it's still not a guaranteed thing."

Sanchez and co-creator Daniel Myrick's idea would be to forget all about 'Book of Shadows: Blair Witch 2', even though he admitted that he liked the sequel by Joe Berlinger.

"If we want to do a sequel to 'Blair Witch Project,' we have to stay in that world, which 'Book of Shadows' didn't stay in that world. 'Book of Shadows' created a different world. It's like if the sequel to 'Jaws' started with shots of people lined up to see 'Jaws' in the movie theater. For 'Book of Shadows' it worked in a certain way but to me my biggest gripe with Artisan was you shouldn't have called it 'Blair Witch 2.' It would've been fine to call it Blair Witch Chronicles. It wasn't really a sequel to our movie. so it would be a direct sequel to our film living in that mythology of Burkittsville, being possessed, haunted by something." This is our exact sentiments as well.

'Blair Witch 3' has no real need to be shot in the found footage style confirmed Sanchez, "Right now, the idea has no first person in it at all, but we'll see," Sanchez said. "There's always room for new ideas to come in."

Heather Donahue, Joshua Leonard and Michael C. Williams are also expected to make their return in the sequel, though not as the leads. "The plan is to have them ," Sanchez revealed. "They're probably not going to be the main characters but they're definitely characters in the sequel."

Being a pretty big fan of the first, I'm all for this. Anybody else on the wagon with me?

Source: Bloody-Disgusting
Anonymous Friday 9/16/2011 at 09:50 PM | 82833
I don't get how they could have the three main characters in this one. They died in the first film, unless if they play someone different... Seeing a Blair Witch movie that wasn't in first person would be interesting.
horror3747 Friday 9/16/2011 at 11:36 PM | 82837
I don't get how they could have the three main characters in this one. They died in the first film, unless if they play someone different... Seeing a Blair Witch movie that wasn't in first person would be interesting.

Actually Josh just disappeared while Heather & Mike were sleeping and was never found (he was heard screaming on the last recorded day). Mike was last seen standing in the corner of the basement and it was never revealed what happened to Heather. It was presumed that they were all dead because they were never found....
Anonymous Saturday 9/17/2011 at 12:09 AM | 82840
I'm all for a Blair Witch sequel but I'm not sure about the idea of having Heather, Josh and Mike coming back.... A huge part of the horror of the first film is the unknown fate of the three film makers and I honestly want it to remain unknown of what happened to them.
joshk1986 Saturday 9/17/2011 at 11:15 AM | 82857
The original characters were perfect, but I definitely don't want to see them back unless it's in footage that occurred before the original.

If it turns out that they all survived the ordeal and everything's peachy now, it would seriously diminish the effectiveness of the first film.

Please don't do it!
gummi Saturday 9/17/2011 at 05:11 PM | 82866
I concur with JoshK. The ghoulishly ambiguous fate of all 3 characters is what made the finale as strong as it was.
D.F. Jackson Sunday 9/18/2011 at 03:05 PM | 82902
Actually Josh just disappeared while Heather & Mike were sleeping and was never found (he was heard screaming on the last recorded day). Mike was last seen standing in the corner of the basement and it was never revealed what happened to Heather. It was presumed that they were all dead because they were never found....

Thanks for the clarification. I only saw the movie once or twice, but I thought they died...
horror3747 Monday 9/19/2011 at 12:19 AM | 82931
I hope this happens, I think this is one of the few series that has plenty of room for sequels/prequels/whatever... If the original characters are coming back, maybe it'll just be for some sort of lost tape of one or 2 of their final moments to kick start the new one or maybe they could do something kinda like REC 2 and come back all possessed-like.....that'd be pretty cool!
zombie7666 Monday 9/19/2011 at 01:41 PM | 82972