Forums Horror Movie Talk
Is It Really Necessary To Remake ROBOCOP?

According to director Jose Padilha it is. Padila was first brought aboard the MGM remake of Paul Verhoeven's RoboCop when Darren Aronofsky became disassociated with the project. Padilha spoke earlier with Film 1, revealing why it is important to remake this clasc film from 1987.

"I love the sharpness and political tone of RoboCop , and I think that such a film is now urgently needed. But I will not repeat what Verhoeven has done so clearly and strongly. Instead I try to make a film that will address topics that Verhoeven untreated. If you are a man changes into a robot, how do you do that? What is the difference between humans and robots developed? What is free will? What does it mean to lose your free will? Those are the issues that I think."

RoboCop will mark the first movie that the Brazilian director will make in America.Source:STYD
Anonymous Thursday 9/22/2011 at 08:14 PM | 83162
Is it really necessary to ReMake ANY beloved clasc!?.. Hell No! Fuck this bullshit!
ubersteigen Thursday 9/22/2011 at 08:38 PM | 83163
Is it really necessary to ReMake ANY beloved clasc!?.. Hell No! Fuck this bullshit

I couldn't have said it any better.
Anonymous Thursday 9/22/2011 at 08:48 PM | 83166
i dont think this one needs to be remade. An awesome, timeless flick that should be left alone, IMO.
Matt_Molgaard Friday 9/23/2011 at 12:43 AM | 83174