Forums Horror Movie Talk
ROBOCOP Remake Confirmed: Michael Fassbender May Play The Lead Role

It seems as if all the recent talk of a Robocop remake is indeed true. According to Bleeding Cool director Jose Padilha plans on shooting the remake in spring of 2012, and he currently has his eye on Michael Fassbender (Prometheus, X-Men: First Class) to play the lead role of "Robocop."

Pictured Below: Michael Fassbender

Padilha who recently appeared on the Brazillian TV channel Globo 1 to discuss the selection of his film Elite Squad 2: The Enemy Within as the country’s official nomination for Oscar conderation, also dished on his plans to remake Robocop.

I’ll film Robocop. I’m indeed writing the script, the writer is here with me in Rio, we’ve spent over the last 15 days working together, refining the script.

I’ll be travelling this friday back to LA, bringing this new veron to discuss with the studio, and maybe begin with the casting, selecting actors… and the idea is to begin filming in February – February or March. That’s the idea, y’know, we never know in the american movie industry. We’re just delivering the project, but also we depend on the schedule of the actors… it’s tough.

I can’t talk yet, it’s too early to speak, but there are some actors I like. I really like the Fassbender, I’d like to talk to him — I’ll talk to him. There’s a posbility… and there’s a lot of other great actors that would play Robocop. But that’s the idea, to film around January, February, March.

Padilha also confirmed that the film would be set in Detroit, which is the same location as the original by Paul Verhoevens.

Source: Bleeding Cool
Anonymous Sunday 9/25/2011 at 12:44 AM | 83229