Forums DVD & Blu-rays
On DVD Tomorrow (Full Release List), September 27, 2011

Up to this point I’ve been a bit snobbish, restricting my DVD release list to “gnificant” and original releases alone. Today, I’m beginning a new trend; I’ll be informing you of every horror flick to hit disc, be it DVD or Blu-ray, new release or re-release. If it's sliding onto a shelf somewhere around the globe, it's here in this list, and for this info, I owe the good guys at Rue Morgue props.

This week features minimal new releases (keep an eye out for “Good Neighbors”, which happens to be a fairly enjoyable little effort), but fans of clasc work like Basket Case, C.H.U.D. and the Nightmare on Elm Street franchise can go ahead and begin salivating, as it’s a good week for vintage features, obscure and commercial alike.

Check out a complete list (details included) of flicks hitting retailers tomorrow, September 27, 2011:

Act of Vengeance (MGM) - MOD. Basket Case Blu-ray (Something Weird/Image) A Big Box Of Vampires (E1 Entertainment) The Blood Trilogy Blu-ray (Something Weird/Image) C.H.U.D. (Image) Dead Cert (Shout! Factory) - Also in blu-ray. The Dybbuk (E1) The Echo Game (MTI) Gamera Triple Feature Blu-ray (Mill Creek) Good Neighbors (Magnolia) Heathers (Image) - Also in blu-ray. Herschell Gordon Lewis: The Godfather Of Gore (Something Weird/Image) The House By The Cemetery: Special Edition (Blue Underground) - Also in blu-ray. Killer Priest (Amadeus) The Living Ghost (MGM) - MOD.. The Lost Future (E1) Maneater Series Triple Feature (Universal) Mardi Gras Massacre (Code Red) Mimic: Director's Cut Bllu-ray (Lionsgate) A Nightmare on Elm Street 2 & 3 Blu-ray (New Line) Nude for Satan (RaroVideo) The Phantom Carriage (Criterion) - Also in blu-ray. The Quatermass Xperiment (MGM) - MOD. Photographer: Inde The Mind Of A Psycho (Worldwide Multimedia) Retribution (E1) Riki Oh: The Story of Riki (Tokyo Shock) - Also in blu-ray. Roger Corman Cult Clascs: Vampires, Mummies And Monsters (Shout! Factory) Roseanne: Tricks & Treats (Mill Creek) - All the Halloween episodes. Scream/Barn of the Naked Dead Double Feature (Code Red) The Sex Merchants (Independent Entertainment) Slaughtered (Vanguard) Snuff Film: Death On Camera (Unexplained Explained: Ghostly Paranormal Activity) Sugar Hill (MGM) - MOD. Terror Trap (Phase 4) Torso: Uncensored English Veron (Blue Underground) - Also in blu-ray. I think this was pushed back. Unexplained Explained: Ghostly Paranormal Activity (Unexplained Explained: Ghostly Paranormal Activity)

Props: Rue Morgue
Matt_Molgaard Monday 9/26/2011 at 03:58 PM | 83301
My local Rogers Video already had Good Neighbors, so I rented it. I thought the first half of the movie was intriguing, then it just went downhill. But to each his own!
A.Silent.Hill Monday 9/26/2011 at 05:59 PM | 83307
it's definitely not a flawless flick. it's entertaining though, imo.
Matt_Molgaard Monday 9/26/2011 at 06:00 PM | 83308