Forums Horror Movie Talk
Is this worth the price?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Myers-H9-RZ-CGP-Proto-jason-TCM-Halloween-Mask-prop_W0QQitemZ300249893807QQihZ020QQcategoryZ60361QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
DaShape Tuesday 8/19/2008 at 02:11 AM | 17096
Maybe until Carty knocked it out of the park with the V3!

Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Tuesday 8/19/2008 at 03:04 AM | 17097
No...he puts out a lot of decent stuff for sale but his prices are always well above market value. I wouldn't advise buying from him if you plan on ever reselling the piece because you'll never get your money back. If he has something you like, wait until the person he sells it to decides to sell and you'll get the same piece cheaper and someone else will take the loss.
lblambert Tuesday 8/19/2008 at 03:13 AM | 17100
Even if you just liked the way it looked with the additional Paint scheme he talks about, It would be cheaper in the long run to just buy a new one direct from Terry and have either him or Sam do a repaint scheme to match the one he is selling.

Either way... The way I see it, Terry does "Wonderfull" work and I like alot of his peices, but should I ever buy another RZ mask, it will be another Psychopath from Casey and it will be the V3.

--Ryan

Harry Warden Wednesday 8/20/2008 at 12:46 AM | 17145
Even if you just liked the way it looked with the additional Paint scheme he talks about, It would be cheaper in the long run to just buy a new one direct from Terry and have either him or Sam do a repaint scheme to match the one he is selling.

The point is that copy is the proto...that's why the question is how much more is it worth
lblambert Wednesday 8/20/2008 at 02:11 AM | 17152
The problem you have here is does someone else think it is worth it? In most cases there is someone else that does think it is worth it. However I would bet money that the mask was worth more a week ago before Casey dropped the V3 on us. I believe all the hardcore HalloweeN fans that want to have the definitive H9 mask will be picking one up. Should be interesting to see what this does to the value of the Kiss Fan and Scarred both of which are great masks.
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Wednesday 8/20/2008 at 02:50 AM | 17162
The problem you have here is does someone else think it is worth it? In most cases there is someone else that does think it is worth it.

That is an excellent point. Value is always relative to someone's dere. There are masks out there which routinely sell for a few thousand dollars but I wouldn't pay a hundred for them. An even better example is the Frankenstein bobblehead that sold for over $5000 the other day.
lblambert Wednesday 8/20/2008 at 03:14 AM | 17167