Forums Horror Movie Talk
The Last 'CHILDREN OF THE CORN' Movie?

When it comes to the CHILDREN OF THE CORN series you can only go so far or else you risk getting lost in the franchise so to speak; Teenagers take over a town and kill. But the latest installment, CHILDREN OF THE CORN: GENES is supposed to be the beginning. So what does that mean? Does this movie tell us how it all started? Or is it just gonna be another CHILDREN OF THE CORN MOVIE that has nothing but confuon? The film received mixed reviews, either it was good, bad, cheesy, etc. Is this the final blow for the franchise or will we see more children running around in corn?

The original was awesome, it truly was the best in the series, but then some of the sequels really let the series become a disappointment, until CHILDREN OF THE CORN 666 where we see that Isaac from the original had survived. Then the remake came, which was a HUGE disappointment, it was nothing like the original. They killed off Vicky and Burt, what's up with that!? And the teenagers have sex to keep their "population" continuous, not a good mix.

This movie received a quiet showing in California on March 27th, 2011. The film went under re-shoots to flesh out a prologue with more "creepy kiddos".

CHILDREN OF THE CORN: GENES is not a sequel to the remake, but it is a sequel to the original. But will this bring back the clascs of the original?

http://youtu.be/A4xzf1tHIN8

Source: http://www.upcominghorrormovies.com/movie/children-corn-genes
horror3747 Monday 9/26/2011 at 11:58 PM | 83326
i honestly gave up on the franchise long, long ago. i think ive enjoyed 2 films out of the 10,000 they've made.
Matt_Molgaard Tuesday 9/27/2011 at 01:17 PM | 83350
FYI, Children of the Corn 666 sucks hard. I just watched all 7 recently and was very disappointed with part 6. I was hoping it would be really good seeing as Isaac comes back but the character served little to no purpose in the film and the movie itself didn't really go anywhere.

Part 3 is ealy the best sequel in the franchise.
Zombie Dude Tuesday 9/27/2011 at 01:21 PM | 83352
It's hard for me to actually place my finger on which sequel I thought was the best. Most of the sequels were nearly all the same.
horror3747 Tuesday 9/27/2011 at 08:45 PM | 83363
It's hard for me to actually place my finger on which sequel I thought was the best. Most of the sequels were nearly all the same. That's why the third film is ealy the best. It's so different. The setting is different (which is quite refreshing) and it has plenty of awesome effects in it (something the other films don't really have).
Zombie Dude Tuesday 9/27/2011 at 10:35 PM | 83366