Forums Horror Movie Talk
The Sequel To The Shining Is Coming From Stephen King: Listen To An Excerpt From Dr. Sleep

We got some really exciting news to pass on - especially if your a Stephen King fan (and who isn't?). According to the official te of the literary master of horror, "It's now official--Stephen is working on Dr. Sleep, the sequel to The Shining."

This weekend while making an appearance at

George Mason Univerty, King read an excerpt from Dr.Sleep which can be heard below.

Dr. Sleep's plot involves a grown-up Danny Torrance who's now working in a hospice, where he "uses his powers to help ill patients to pass away without pain. Unfortunately, he runs afoul of a gang of wandering psychic vampires (known as the Tribe) who feed on people's energy."

http://youtu.be/Dd2lf88w-8g

Source: Dread Central
Anonymous Tuesday 9/27/2011 at 02:35 AM | 83347
im glad to hear he finally decided he was going to write it. Way too much time contemplating this one. That said, the idea of vampires suddenly being thrown into the mix does admittedly turn me off (though I loved Salem's Lot, Jarusalem's Lot and Night Flier)...
Matt_Molgaard Tuesday 9/27/2011 at 02:54 PM | 83353
I'm not exactly sure how I feel about vampires in a sequel to THE SHINING. The Shining was more paranormal(ghosts) not superstitions and myths like vampires...
horror3747 Tuesday 9/27/2011 at 08:25 PM | 83360
Vampires and The Overlook... Meh, I'll wager money he'll tie it into The Dark Tower, and Thunderclap somehow lol. Ah, Discordia!
Jonny Sicko Wednesday 9/28/2011 at 01:47 PM | 83410
Vampires and The Overlook... Meh, I'll wager money he'll tie it into The Dark Tower, and Thunderclap somehow lol. Ah, Discordia

haha TRUTH!
Matt_Molgaard Wednesday 9/28/2011 at 03:42 PM | 83416
:BangingHead: I'm not exactly sure how I feel about vampires in a sequel to THE SHINING. The Shining was more paranormal(ghosts) not superstitions and myths like vampires...

Agreed. I mean I LOVE vampires, and I loved the Shining too.... but I don't know that I want the two combined together. We'll see. Being a fan, I'll see/read it anyway hah.
AMadSquirrel21 Wednesday 9/28/2011 at 11:09 PM | 83435
Lets just hope he doesn't ruin it...

Was not happy with the TV series they did at all...

Will watch for sure though...we all will...
MOWDEReeL Thursday 9/29/2011 at 02:56 PM | 83486
vampires in the shining sequel?

Johnny Bisco Friday 9/30/2011 at 08:40 AM | 83522