Forums Horror Movie Talk
Has Johnny Depp Gone Emo? New Behind-the-Scenes Images Of Dark Shadows Emerge

A couple of new images from Dark Shadows have surfaced online courtesy of Empire Online who were on set of the film recently to ask a few questions.

Strangely enough Johnny Depp looks more like an emo veron of Pee Wee Herman...anyone else agree?

The story which is set in 1972, focuses on Barnabas Collins (Depp), who was transformed into a vampire by a jilted lover (Eva Green's witch Angelique) way back in the 1700s and buried. He's just been dug up, and attempts to reintegrate with his descendants, led by Michelle Pfeiffer's Elizabeth and Jonny Lee Miller's Roger - despite the fact that Angelique is still around and still not in a forgiving mood.

Screenwriter Seth Grahame-Smith explained, "Tim and Johnny took a long time explaining exactly why it had to be 1972. 1969 was too early and 1973 was too late. 1972 is right at the time when the hippie movement and all its peace and love is dying out and being replaced by this

me-me-me generation in the '70s who are all about showing their wealth and having everything."

The movie is set to be released in 2D which is good news to most of us. "We discussed this quite a bit," said producer Richard Zanuck. "We didn't want to be categorised as another 3D extravaganza, because this isn't. We have action sequences, but mostly it's interaction between characters, and that's where the humour and the story come from."

Dark Shadows hits theaters on May 11, 2012.

Source: Empire Online
Anonymous Tuesday 9/27/2011 at 08:01 PM | 83358
he looks pretty damn close to the old school Barnabas actually - i can dig it! fan of DS, so this is lookin good for me...
Matt_Molgaard Wednesday 9/28/2011 at 02:35 AM | 83383
"Dark Shadow shits theaters on May 11, 2012."

This made me chuckle

sweartoeric Wednesday 9/28/2011 at 10:05 AM | 83402