Forums Horror Movie Talk
Will Scream 5 Happen? According To Wes Craven...Not At The Moment

With the Blu-ray/DVD release of Scream 4 just one week away (October 4), one question that's probably on everyone's mind at this point is - will Scream 5 happen?

According to Wes Craven, who was asked this very question by the guys over at Shock Till You Drop, nothing has been announced yet.

"Bob

doesn't typically call until there's something down on paper or something a writer can pitch to me," Craven said, "so I don't expect to hear anything until Bob has that."

Craven added,"I'm working on a comic book series, a book and I'm giving a talk about fear on October 14 in Chicago. Beyond that, my wife and I are building a house. We're in the final weeks of that, so we're getting our head out of work for a bit. We had My Soul to Take right before Scream 4, which was also difficult, so we said let's t back and smell the roses for a while."

Source: STYD
Anonymous Tuesday 9/27/2011 at 08:57 PM | 83364
I want Scream 5 now!
zuzek1996 Tuesday 9/27/2011 at 09:33 PM | 83365
im more than happy to wait a few years. 4 was a decent effort at best, I'd rather not see the franchise hit a low point a la S3 all over again.
Matt_Molgaard Tuesday 9/27/2011 at 11:56 PM | 83368
If Wes Craven does a SCREAM 5 it will depend on whether or not the script will good enough. In the beginning process of SCREAM 4 he wanted to work with a good script, not a bad one. If they do more SCREAM films, they will more than likely go up to 6. That as their original plan, probably the fact that Scream 4 is like the beginning of a new trilogy.

I, myself thought that SCREAM 4 was as good as the first film. It reminded me so much of the original.
horror3747 Wednesday 9/28/2011 at 02:23 AM | 83380
I don't think there's a need for Scream 5 at all.
suzys25 Wednesday 9/28/2011 at 12:20 PM | 83404
by all accounts I should hate this whole franchise but for some reason I just love em. maybe it's just the look of the mask or some form of nostalgia...who knows.... either way I hope they make a couple more!!
zombie7666 Wednesday 9/28/2011 at 01:42 PM | 83408
I don't think there's a need for Scream 5 at all. I kind of gave out an explanation about this... If they do do a SCREAM 5 and 6 it's to finish off the new trilogy they started. But what wonders me is how far will they go? Where will it take place? and more importantly- WHO WILL BE THE NEXT KILLER!? They're starting to run out of options. The posble killer for the next one would be dney's father... Or a real STAB fanatic. Unlike Charlie from S4, he thought we was getting the fame too; along with Jill. So Charlie wasn't much of a STAB fanatic as we all thought, even though he held a STAB-A-THON, he only wanted attention and Kirby...
horror3747 Wednesday 9/28/2011 at 08:03 PM | 83425