Forums Horror Movie Talk
Writer Damon Lindelof Offers Up Some Vague Details About The Characters Of Prometheus

With the release of Ridley Scott's Prometheus still almost a year away and still no real answers in ght, one can only wonder when the blanket of mystery surrounding the project will be completely unveiled, but until the moment finally arrives we'll just have to wait patiently for the details to slowly roll in one by one.

Today's bit of news is provided to us by the writer of Prometheus, Damon Lindelof, who sat down with MTV and revealed some rather murky details pertaining to two of the characters in the film...

Pertaining to Charlize Theron's role:

"Her character's name is Meredith Vickers and she's sort of a corporate entity. That's another one of the familiar things from the 'Alien' movies — that there are corporate interests in play. I feel like Charlize brought a new spin on that old variation. It's a remix …. I don't think she's slimy . She's not the fast-talking, snake-oil face of the company. By the way, "What company is she a face of?," I think is a big part of the fun. As we were developing the script, she had some really cool ideas that made it not the suit you're used to."

Michael Fassbender's role is a bit more interesting...

"He plays a robot. One of the things that evokes the idea of 'Blade Runner' is, 'What does the movie look like from the robot's point of view?' If you were to ask him, 'What do you think about all of this? What's going on? What do you think about these humans who are around you?,' wouldn't it be cool if we found a way for that robot to answer those questions. When you cast a guy like Fassbender, who's going to bring a lot more to it than

— that was me doing the robot, I don't know if you could tell — it's not Anthony Daniels. All due respect. He's phenomenal. But C-P3O…"

The rest of the interview can be found HERE, along with a short video clip of Lindelof speaking with MTV.

Stay tuned for more...

Source: MTV
Anonymous Thursday 9/29/2011 at 01:25 AM | 83439