Forums Horror Movie Talk
If We Ever See A 'SCREAM 5' Will Sidney, Dewey, and Gale Survive?

Not long after the release of SCREAM 4, Wes Craven said that the three surviving main characters, dney, Dewey, and Gale should survive throughout this new Scream trilogy. But for what reason. Why would we want to see our beloved surviving characters from the SCREAM franchise die? Wes Craven said the following- “I suspect the next time out, one or more of those characters is going to have to die…”

Craven once again gave his support for Kevin Williams to return for SCREAM 5. “I haven’t had any, and I have to say that Bob

tends to do the initial work with a writer — that is Kevin

usually, but maybe with somebody different this time — before he ever contacts me. And that is just the way that it has been nce the very beginning. So, I haven’t heard anything, but I know that Bob said this was intended to be the first of a trilogy. So, you wait for that phone call. I’m doing other things too, so if it comes ahead of time, then I can do it. That would be very interesting, depending on the script of course.”“The more that Kevin is a part of it, the better. He has a remarkable mind for this sort of thing. So, I would hope so.”

But now the biggest question is, will dney, Dewey, and Gale make it through SCREAM 5? We may not know yet, but what we do know is that they're talking about maybe killing one of them off, so who will it be?

SOURCE- Screamtrilogy.net

http://drunkenzombie.com/blog/?p=3937
horror3747 Thursday 9/29/2011 at 10:57 PM | 83498
I seriously wish they would have killed off dney in this one and left the ending with Jill being the hero in everyone's eyes. When the film faded to white I was thinking to myself (Okay they was a pretty ck ending) and then they went into the hospital and the characters found out it was Jill and they had some ridiculous shoot out. If they make a part 5, they need to grow some balls and make a powerful ending milar to what I was saying because the happy endings are getting a little old in this franchise and PLEASE make the muc better than it was in 3 and 4.
Sephit Friday 9/30/2011 at 06:15 PM | 83528
I seriously wish they would have killed off dney in this one and left the ending with Jill being the hero in everyone's eyes. When the film faded to white I was thinking to myself (Okay they was a pretty ck ending) and then they went into the hospital and the characters found out it was Jill and they had some ridiculous shoot out. If they make a part 5, they need to grow some balls and make a powerful ending milar to what I was saying because the happy endings are getting a little old in this franchise and PLEASE make the muc better than it was in 3 and 4.

Even if Jill survived and marked as "hero" it still leaves the ending for a 5th one, where Jill could posbly be the killer. But as long as dney, Dewey, and Gale survive, there will always be chance of there being another SCREAM film.

I thought the muc was actually good in this film, but the song I wish they would have added in was 'Red Right Hand' by Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds, which was played in the previous 3. They did leave in 'Trouble In Woodsboro/dney's Lament' that was composed by Marco Beltrami, the muc was just in a different fashion in SCREAM 4. And they also played it when Jill Stabbed dney for the second time, you can hear it in the background. BTW- I think the whole shootout thing in the hospital scene was maybe to show you how crazy Jill really was.
horror3747 Friday 9/30/2011 at 08:59 PM | 83532

Even if Jill survived and marked as "hero" it still leaves the ending for a 5th one, where Jill could posbly be the killer. But as long as dney, Dewey, and Gale survive, there will always be chance of there being another SCREAM film.

I thought the muc was actually good in this film, but the song I wish they would have added in was 'Red Right Hand' by Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds, which was played in the previous 3. They did leave in 'Trouble In Woodsboro/dney's Lament' that was composed by Marco Beltrami, the muc was just in a different fashion in SCREAM 4. And they also played it when Jill Stabbed dney for the second time, you can hear it in the background. BTW- I think the whole shootout thing in the hospital scene was maybe to show you how crazy Jill really was. Well that was my point, if they wanted to make a 5th one then it would have been perfect with Jill beind seen as the hero and then in the next film people would still be baffled who the killer was or think it's another copy cat. They played too many teenie bopper type songs in Scream 4, the Red Right Hand song was one that I missed a lot but the one that I really missed was Youth of America! They should have had it at the Stabathon, even being played on a stab film or something. Plus they should have used the "rotted" ghostface mask in a stab film like it was a remake taking a stab at RZ's Halloween. I get that they wanted to show how crazy Jill really was, but they already showed that earlier in the house when she did all that damage to herself to make it seem like she was a victim as well. The shoot out wasn't needed. The worst of Scream 4 was the opening that belonged in a "SCARY MOVIE" sequel not Scream and when the deputy says "Fuck you Bruce Willis!" with a knife in his head If you go back and watch the original, there is no comparison! I think they totally missed the mark with Scream 4. The Weinsteins were in desperate need of money and probably rushed production which led to a rushed film. Even Ghostface was way different in this one, there was no suspense whenever they were on the phone! They would start off at a level ten instead of warming up to it like in the previous films.

I'm ranting but this film was just a huge disappointment to me as a long time fan.
Sephit Saturday 10/01/2011 at 04:23 AM | 83550
Well that was my point, if they wanted to make a 5th one then it would have been perfect with Jill beind seen as the hero and then in the next film people would still be baffled who the killer was or think it's another copy cat. They played too many teenie bopper type songs in Scream 4, the Red Right Hand song was one that I missed a lot but the one that I really missed was Youth of America! They should have had it at the Stabathon, even being played on a stab film or something. Plus they should have used the "rotted" ghostface mask in a stab film like it was a remake taking a stab at RZ's Halloween. I get that they wanted to show how crazy Jill really was, but they already showed that earlier in the house when she did all that damage to herself to make it seem like she was a victim as well. The shoot out wasn't needed. The worst of Scream 4 was the opening that belonged in a "SCARY MOVIE" sequel not Scream and when the deputy says "Fuck you Bruce Willis!" with a knife in his head If you go back and watch the original, there is no comparison! I think they totally missed the mark with Scream 4. The Weinsteins were in desperate need of money and probably rushed production which led to a rushed film. Even Ghostface was way different in this one, there was no suspense whenever they were on the phone! They would start off at a level ten instead of warming up to it like in the previous films. I'm ranting but this film was just a huge disappointment to me as a long time fan.

The film wasn't even that rushed, it took them like a year to get everything all put together. I remember hearing about SCREAM 4 in 2009, when they were writing/re-write and trying to get a cast together for the film. Then it took them maybe 5 or 6 months for filming.

I'm kind of seeing where you're going. I wasn't really disappointed with the muc they picked out, it's nice to add something different in a movie. You can't always dwell on the originals. There should always be something different in each sequel.

When they were on the phone, there was suspense. The killer saying that he was in the closet, it would make you think that the killer really was in Jill's, it never really made you think that he was actually in Olivia's... the tagline of the film said it all 'NEW DECADE, NEW RULES'. That means that the rules in this film are going to be different from what they were in the previous three. You would have to be pretty friggin' crazy to point a gun at a cop... and it was hardly a shootout, only like what two bullets?! According to like Wes Craven they did use the scarecrow/zombie ghostface mask, it was part of the STAB-A-THON. I never saw them though... I was never really fond of the death of Deputy Perkins' death. The line "Fuck Bruce Willis!" practically ruined his death...
horror3747 Saturday 10/01/2011 at 09:17 PM | 83564
Well I'm glad we can agree on somethings, especially the Perkins death lol! The conversation with him saying he was in the closet was pretty suspenseful but in the original he would say lines or ask questions that were very vague making the victims think it was one of their friends or something ie the scene when d was on the phone with him, thinking it was Randy playing a joke and she says, "I'm a little dissapointed in you Randy" and Ghostface says, "Maybe that's because I'm not Randy." In Scream 4 Ghostface seems to just blatantly reveal that it's ghostface almost immediately and even the tone of the voice is at full throttle early on in the conversations. I rewatched the first film again last night and It was put together so much better than this film. I would have liked it better if they opened the film at the Stabathon and maybe someone was killed the same way Casey was killed in the first film and dropped in front of the screen hanging while people are watching the Remake of Stab with the Zombie style mask. That would have been badass! I would have been stoked on the film if something milar to that happened instead of the ridiculous opening we got. Don't you agree that if they did an opening like the one I described that it would have been more of what the fans wanted? Craven needs to understand that just because a screen writer has the last name "Kruger" does not mean that they should be reworking a Kevin Williamson script. I am almost potive that Keven Williamsons original script had it end with Jill being the hero and it fading out leaving it open for a part 5 but Kruger came in and made all the hospital scenes which made them have to cut out most of the way better deleted scenes, especially the bloody aftermath scene with Wes Cravens cameo.
Sephit Sunday 10/02/2011 at 06:05 AM | 83615