Forums Horror Movie Talk
CHILD's PLAY REMAKE NEWS

I think this would work if they went completely HARD CORE (I never felt like the Child's Play movies ever met their full potential . .. because they started to get goofy there at the end).

Producer David Kirschner confirms to Aint it Cool News that Brad Dourif will not be returning to be the voice of the new Chucky in the CHILD'S PLAY remake.

"No, no, it’s going to be Brad."

"It’s not like we would ever… who would you get that’s better?," director Don Mancini adds. "I mean with Chucky so much of it… and David and I talk about this a lot, that because he’s a puppet, there’s an aspect of him that feels like he’s an animated character, so his voice is such an immense part of it as well as what he looks like. It’s almost like recasting Homer mpson or something. If you could recast it, you would want the actor to sound kind of like it, but it would feel weird to just be completely different I think."

One thing that fans are concerned about is the direction of the story, which Mancini insts will be straight horror.

"I think what we are mainly responding to, David and I, is the will of the fans, which is really telling us that they want to see a scary Chucky movie again. They want to go back to the straightforward horror rather than the horror comedy." He continues, "I think, unless we completely screw it up, I think it has the potential to be scarier than the original based on the stuff we are talking about, which I know sounds very mysterious and abstract, but anyone in our potion would say that at this point, but as you pointed out we do have the advantage of being the people who created the franchise in the first place."

Although the plot details arebeing kept under tight lip, Mancini confirms that the remake will in fact be an origin story.

"Other than what we said, it’s a reboot, we are telling the origin story again, but beyond certain broad stroke details, it’s really quite a reinvention I would say."
DaShape Tuesday 8/19/2008 at 07:51 PM | 17132
That's pretty cool. I can't wait
St. Pete Slasher Tuesday 8/19/2008 at 09:21 PM | 17134