Forums Horror Movie Talk
WHAT IF? Rob Zombie's HALLOWEEN 3

Will the Halloween series ever be revited? We are told without a shadow of a doubt that it will be next year. Michael Myers will probably be resurrected over and over again. When there's dollars involved it only makes sense that the studio continues to explore the story. After all, if you are still making money on that latest book you just wrote wouldn't you keep selling it until every copy was gone? We just hope it doesn't veer to far off the beaten path like the original series did.

And for those of you that are tting there saying screw Michael Myers, let's have Rob Zombie come back and remake Halloween 3: Season of the Witch? We like your spunk, we really do, but lets face the facts. H3 is a cult clasc at best. It just wasn't as popular without the white mask wearing babytter stalker walking around Haddonfield. The thought may be cool. And we can sure see Rob's gritty style working on a 'Season of the Witch' remake. The mple fact is it just isn't in the cards. The money just isn't there. It would be to risky and we all know big Hollywood doesn't like risk. They both however make great WHAT IF? questions, that much is sure.

http://i39.tinypic.com/15n60ja.

Hope you enjoy pondering this idea. We would love to hear your feedback and ideas for future "WHAT IF" columns. Till next time.
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Sunday 10/02/2011 at 02:27 AM | 83581
It would suck!!!!!!!!! I hated Halloween 2! Can't stand that his wife is in EVERYTHING he does. I didn't like the Laurie Strode or Loomis characters so I couldn't empathize with them. I also HATED that MM's mask was literally falling off his face. The thing that is so scary about Myers is that you never really knew what was behind the mask and that is scary!
SKAPEGOAT Sunday 10/02/2011 at 02:38 AM | 83582
Scout was actually really good in that role. I could have done without sherri being in the sequel she just did not make sense and the way they made the loomis character sucked cause he was never that greed heartless person that nade him out to be in the re-make but I trully believe if Rob Zombie wanted to make a 3rd halloween and he really put his mind to it i think it would be amazing because he is amazing. So on behalf of the would if how about they bring nyers father into the mix they never said how he died or anything. I definetly think that is a cool as angal they could take with something milar to the 1st one with part of it being about his messed up teen age years in smith's grove and even younger when he was a kid to see what his father was like and then later in the movie they can bring his old man into the fold and if they go back ti his younger years they could even involve sherri which would make Rob happy so she could be in the movie again and so could danielle harris for awhile but you would without a doubt have to bring back scout. So what if all this happened I THINK YOU WOULD HAVE A PRETTY GOOG STORY WITH THE bEST HORRO DIRECTOR OUT THERE TO. WHAT IF???
mmyers911 Sunday 10/02/2011 at 03:37 AM | 83589
Oh yeah i forgot the myers masks in zombie's re-makes are probally the greatest masks ever made. no WHAT IF there!!!
mmyers911 Sunday 10/02/2011 at 03:39 AM | 83590
Well, i think that zombie could pull off a season of the witch remake very well, but not halloween 3 season of the witch. just call it, "season of the witch". It would be awesome if Zombie did that. Just not michael myers. H2 was really really bad.
Voorhees13 Sunday 10/02/2011 at 03:56 AM | 83594
I will agree with you there 100% Voorhees13. A Rob Zombie directed SEASON OF THE WITCH in my opinion would be a dream come true.
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Sunday 10/02/2011 at 04:35 AM | 83600
Im actually working on a fan film that would be like a WHAT IF?? Halloween 3, without the 3D. Making it kinda like the first plot idea for H3D was gonna be, but they threw out. But, I am going for an original feel to it..including the original mask.

Its only gonna be 20 mins long though, and im putting as much as I can into it with the low budget I have :P Im having at least 2 characters, and one of them technically has not been used yet. I am also adding little tid bits that fans I think would like, including references to the orginal H3 :P Filming will be starting soon and it will be released on Halloween! Here is a poster I made for you guys! :)

awesomesuperdude Sunday 10/02/2011 at 05:03 AM | 83609
After you're horror short you did for HorrorBid FANATIC, I can't wait! And kick ass poster!
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Sunday 10/02/2011 at 05:43 AM | 83612
After you're horror short you did for HorrorBid FANATIC, I can't wait! And kick ass posterThanks man! :) And thanks to that contest, I got new gear..including a better camera! So the quality will be gnificantly better

awesomesuperdude Sunday 10/02/2011 at 03:18 PM | 83646
Yeah the first Halloween Zombie remade was awesome...Showing us the kids point of view, then the asylum years, including his escape and eventually coming back home.

With a lot of the scenes you can tell he mocked scenes from the original series Halloween 1,2 4, 5, and so on...Combining them into both films.

However, H2 was and outright fuckin disaster.

he tried to humanize something that just isn't human, he destroyed Loomis' charector and the whole white horse scene was off the wall, too many acid hits later, or something.

Then you can see, if you watch closely, a particular scene where Michael Myers is facing the camera in H2, and its an exact copy from one of Zombie's own album sleves.

Portraying, in my view, that he-(Zombie) was Michael Myers.

H3 in Zombie's hands would be a fluke and would be lucky to generate 7 or 8 million opening weekend...
MOWDEReeL Monday 10/03/2011 at 12:26 AM | 83679
Okay here's what I want if rob zombie did halloween 3 make lori the killer damn it! And you could have michael myers be a a guide like his mom was for him....we need a bad ass girl slasher lol
NotJoeGallow Monday 10/03/2011 at 08:02 PM | 83737
Okay here's what I want if rob zombie did halloween 3 make lori the killer damn it! And you could have michael myers be a a guide like his mom was for him....we need a bad ass girl slasher lol Im thinking of doing that with mine kinda, but still have Michael in there :P
awesomesuperdude Tuesday 10/04/2011 at 12:32 AM | 83757
Okay here's what I want if rob zombie did halloween 3 make lori the killer damn it! And you could have michael myers be a a guide like his mom was for him....we need a bad ass girl slasher lol Im thinking of doing that with mine kinda, but still have Michael in there :P Interesting to have Michael and his ster on a killing spree. It would be like the "Real" Natural Born Killers!

I agree with almost everyone, that RZ made a pretty decent Remake but H2 was horrible! He didn't even put the Halloween theme in the film until the credits. I understand that Laurie went through a very traumatic experience but did she have to cry and yell all the time?! She reminded me of my ex gf and there is a reason she's my EX! As soon as Laurie woke up having a Seizure the film took a nose dive straight into the bowels of Crystal Lake!

I'm very interested in seeing what Todd Farmer and Patrick Luser have in store for us IF they get chosen.
Sephit Tuesday 10/04/2011 at 07:24 AM | 83781
it would suck 10 balls and then some!! no one is here for his use of the same characters over and over same trashy story-line and as much I love his wife he would find YET another reason to bring her back for part 3 HAIL NO!!!!!! LOL NEVER again. I for one will always be thankful to Rob for bringing life back into Michael but after part 2 im done with him and anything Michael
Pepa77 Tuesday 10/04/2011 at 09:32 PM | 83805
I hope it is not made by Zombie, I gave the first one he did a try and open mind and somewhat enjoyed it but after 2 I lost all hope ...and I think the only way a 3d concept would work if it was Myers vion, kinda like freadys brain 3D.

I cant wait to see what they come up with i think a lot of talk has gone on at such a early stage that us fans should help give a lot of new fresh concepts to the producer who ever it may be!
Kingcoop80 Tuesday 10/04/2011 at 11:17 PM | 83814