Forums Television
Ghost Adventures - Say What You Will, This Show Is Damn Entertaining!

Most people that I know find the Travel Channels Ghost Adventures to be extremely corny and not very intriguing. I, however think that this show is FAR better than any other ghost hunting show on TV. My reasoning is mple: there is always a very good introduction to the location that the episode will take place at, there is always dark, creepy sound effects and muc, the crew is very entertaining to watch, and there are some legitimately creepy moments in the episodes.

I just wanted to see what everyone's thoughts were regarding the series. We don't need to get into the whole "it's just a TV show, so it's all staged" aspect of the show. Let's discuss how you feel about the show as if it were a movie such as Paranormal Activity, and not worry about whether or not the evidence is real or not. I would really like to know if I am the only one who likes this show for a reason other than "Zak looks so hot". haha

http://youtu.be/lAScd2dZz7U
RileyRose Sunday 10/02/2011 at 04:42 AM | 83601
This show is amazing it actually gives me goosebumps for anybody who is interested I recommend check out their documentary.
hm4life Sunday 10/02/2011 at 08:40 AM | 83629
I agree. And yeah, I saw that a while back. I've heard about an episode that they did way back when where they actually jumped out of a second story window to get the fuck out of there haha
RileyRose Sunday 10/02/2011 at 09:35 AM | 83630
yes it was the first movie and it was at the goldfield hotel and they jumped out after seeing a brick fly.
hm4life Sunday 10/02/2011 at 11:08 AM | 83633
That's really weird. When I watched it I didn't see that happen at all. I'll have to check it out again. Maybe they took it out of the documentary because it made them all look like puses lol
RileyRose Sunday 10/02/2011 at 12:39 PM | 83636
I love Ghost Adventures. It sometimes freaks me out to the point that I can't watch it alone in my basement. Makes me feel like a pussy, because i can watch just about any other horror movie alone in my basement with no problems. But the show gets to me. I just like to laugh at Zak because he can be so corny sometimes. And his hair....
nolifefan Sunday 10/02/2011 at 01:22 PM | 83637
I absolutely loathe this show. It seems so fake, and the cheesedick muscle head always comes across as a wrretched B-grade actor who couldn't land an official gig if his life depended on it. I watch Ghost Hunters, and that show makes the bullshit acting in this one look so obvious its embarrasng. Most definitely, definitely not a fan of this one. Arguably the worst "ghost hunting/paranormal" show on televion, IMO.
Matt_Molgaard Sunday 10/02/2011 at 01:37 PM | 83638
Matt, you can't tell me that you don't enjoy his babygap shirts, jnco jeans, lance bass hair and the constant "WHAT THE FUCK!?" hahaha
RileyRose Sunday 10/02/2011 at 02:35 PM | 83641
And yeah dude, I know what you mean. There is definitely some shit in this show that gets me, I won't lie lol
RileyRose Sunday 10/02/2011 at 02:36 PM | 83642
Matt, you can't tell me that you don't enjoy his babygap shirts, jnco jeans, lance bass hair and the constant "WHAT THE FUCK!?" hahaha

DEAD @ baby gap shirts!

NAILED IT!
Matt_Molgaard Sunday 10/02/2011 at 04:08 PM | 83647
hi Guys I'm new here. I am sorry if this is the incorrect place for my post, but I was hoping someone on here on

www.horrorbid.com would be nice enough to asst me in getting access to amazon.com from my work as it is has restricted access.

Any support would be awesome. Thank you.

http://www.cleaningserviceslasvegas.net
vegascleaners Sunday 10/02/2011 at 07:34 PM | 83661
GHOST ADVENTURES Best Paranormal Show PERIOD.

How can anybody like Ghost Hunters? Jay and Grant look so unenthuastic these days. The only time they look thrilled is when their driving home. It's a real achievement for me to make it through an entire episode without nodding off. I really don't understand why it's called Ghost Hunters, because they do the exact oppote...

Here's just a few things wrong with the show:

*They always cut to a commercial just when you think they may have found something good, then when they come back you find out it was NOTHING.

*They make you wait until the very end of the show only to dismiss ever ngle piece of evidence that they do find.

*They have an entire camera crew on board, but yet none of these cameras ever pick up the noises that they claim to hear.*Their equipment is outdated and boring...Last season their most successful piece of equipment was a $5.00 flashlight that turned on and off because they loosened. Not paranormal guys, its called vibrations.*They vit boring locations.

*None of the crew has any personalities(except for Steve)

*They don't even vit a location for long, plus their seldom in the dark.

*Their best piece of evidence week in and week out is a EVP which is mainly just a tap or something that nobody can make out.

Don't get me wrong, GH used to be good, but then they got big and turned to shit. Did you ever see their Halloween special which they rigged the "coat tug" as seen below:

http://youtu.be/ZlM-Uy8ODYQ

http://youtu.be/1n_HwoTKafY

And maybe GA is fake also, but at least like the subject line says...their very entertaining, even if Zak is a bit of a tool.
Anonymous Monday 10/03/2011 at 12:57 AM | 83683
Very well said Bnizzle, that was exactly what I was getting at with this post. Is Ghost Advenutes all true? Most likely not. Is it cheesy? More than ballpark nachos. But to me, I am thoroughly entertained when I finish an episode of this show, because at the end of it even if there was nothing found they usually still get some good comic moments in the episodes from them all freaking out, the location is still usually cool, and I still walk away from it knowing about a new haunt. Ghost Hunters, as mentioned above, is just too dry. When it first came out, I was a huge fan, but in recent years it has just become boring as fuck in my opinion. I think that the fired up, somewhat hokey cast of Ghost Adventures is EXACTLY what was needed to spice things up.

So yeah, when I watch this show, I view it as a beloved cheesy 80s film and watch it in that frame of mind and I am able to love it. haha
RileyRose Monday 10/03/2011 at 01:50 AM | 83688
GHOST ADVENTURES Best Paranormal Show PERIOD.

How can anybody like Ghost Hunters? Jay and Grant look so unenthuastic these days. The only time they look thrilled is when their driving home. It's a real achievement for me to make it through an entire episode without nodding off. I really don't understand why it's called Ghost Hunters, because they do the exact oppote...

Here's just a few things wrong with the show:

*They always cut to a commercial just when you think they may have found something good, then when they come back you find out it was NOTHING.

*They make you wait until the very end of the show only to dismiss ever ngle piece of evidence that they do find.

*They have an entire camera crew on board, but yet none of these cameras ever pick up the noises that they claim to hear.*Their equipment is outdated and boring...Last season their most successful piece of equipment was a $5.00 flashlight that turned on and off because they loosened. Not paranormal guys, its called vibrations.*They vit boring locations.

*None of the crew has any personalities(except for Steve)

*They don't even vit a location for long, plus their seldom in the dark.

*Their best piece of evidence week in and week out is a EVP which is mainly just a tap or something that nobody can make out.

Don't get me wrong, GH used to be good, but then they got big and turned to shit. Did you ever see their Halloween special which they rigged the "coat tug" as seen below:

http://youtu.be/ZlM-Uy8ODYQ

http://youtu.be/1n_HwoTKafY

And maybe GA is fake also, but at least like the subject line says...their very entertaining, even if Zak is a bit of a tool.

I can answer this one rather ealy. Ghost Hunters for me, is far more believable. Jason and Grant aren't running around like giddy kids anxious to raise the roof any time a floorboard creeks. I feel like they come across as non-sealant because they've been doing it for so long coupled with the fact that they're not there to do a backflip at the ght of a posble shadow, they seem to be really out to debunk things.

I'd rather watch a show that carries a believable element than a show that looks hokey from the jump.

Just my 2 cents.
Matt_Molgaard Monday 10/03/2011 at 06:26 AM | 83696