Forums Horror Movie Talk
HorrorBid's 31 Days of Horror: Amusement

We here at HorrorBid will be recommending one specific treasure for everyday of the month. The ultimate goal is mple; encourage the masses to seek out stellar films that fit the seasonal mold. While I’m certain plenty of our faithful readers will find some of these films predictable, or at the least familiar, we still feel as though a friendly reminder can go a long way towards renewed enjoyment.

On deck for October 2nd, is the haunting, and terribly overlooked anthology, Amusement. There are a few terrific segments ready to be unearthed here, and each piece of the film certainly bears relevance to its counterparts. Whether you’re a fan of the unpredictable madman, the psychotic masked murderer or the deranged kidnapper, Amusement boasts a bit of everything.

I’ve given you a general idea of what you’re in store for, and honestly, given the structure of the film, I don’t want to spoil what awaits unsuspecting viewers. I will however say this: the film’s second segment is genuinely frightening, and it fits the Hollywood season faultlessly. It’s a chilling short, and it not only lingers long after viewing, it demands replay.

It’s best to not anticipate a masterpiece of a film here. It is flawed, and in a few cases, flawed so severely your typical non analytical viewer will catch technical missteps. That said, there’s some gold here, and it’s worth investing in. If you’re out for a really, really enjoyable evening, make it a double header and issue Amusement as an introduction to another superb anthology, Trick ‘R Treat.

A quick note: I’ve found this DVD at numerous outlets, ranging from an unbelievable $1.99 to a more than reasonable $3.99: I suggest picking it up

http://youtu.be/TgEmdPWIb8I
Matt_Molgaard Sunday 10/02/2011 at 05:32 PM | 83651
This looks interesting... It's almost exactly like the altered veron of the babytter story.
horror3747 Sunday 10/02/2011 at 06:45 PM | 83654
im glad im not the only one going on a horror bing for 31 days.
cainn marko Sunday 10/02/2011 at 11:55 PM | 83672
I did not like this movie. I bought it when Hollywood Video was going out of buness. I think I paid like $3 for it and I wish I could get my money back. The only truly scary thing about that movie was the clown, and it wasn't even poignant in the movie. I recommend skipping this movie but to each their own.
Ryze Monday 10/03/2011 at 05:58 PM | 83733
Despite its plot holes, I enjoyed it! It kept me on the edge of seat and actually disturbed me. I have to watch it again some day.
A.Silent.Hill Monday 10/03/2011 at 09:40 PM | 83743