Forums Horror Collectibles
Wanna Make Your Very Own Jason Hock? Check Out Our Step-By-Step Tutorial

Here's another fun little project for all you crafty Bidites out there. If you got a little time on your hands, and a bit of extra change in your pockets, then you may be very interesting in seeing this step-by-step tutorial that we've gathered up from various sources, which will show you how to create your very own Jason hockey mask.

First we need to vit Fright Stuff to purchase a U-Do-It Kit (pictured below) which is reasonable priced at $28.00. Each kit comes with everything you need to make a part 3 or 4 mask, just add labor and paint. A gned C.O.A. is also included from Ken Tarallo, who runs Fright Stuff. Ken is also the creator of the original mask for F13th - Part 3 and still owns the cast of the original mold, which he uses for creating the mask that's supplied in this kit.

Note: These mask are really cool, and easy to assemble, and if your not a die hard you may want to leave it "as it" without any additional painting or weathering, that's entirely up to you.

http://youtu.be/Yui7UkcrN9k

Below you'll find your first Step by Step video on How to Cut, Trim, and Drill your Frightstuff Blank, as well as what supplies are needed.

Tools Needed:

lver Sharpie A Dremel with 2 attachments (Drum of Clone) Heavy Duty Scissors A Step Bit (For Clean Holes) Sandpaper (220 Grit)

http://youtu.be/MNxc7zb15gQ

Next step is to add the paint to the freshly drilled mask:

Paint Supplies Need:

Rough Sand Paper

Dark Brown Model Paint

Dark Red Model Paint

Light Yellow Spray Paint

Clear Gloss Paint

Painter’s Tape

NOTE: It really doesn’t matter exactly what paint type or tools you use, improvise and use your best judgment, everything should be pretty cheap and and easy to find with a quick stop to the hardware or crafts store.

STEPS:

1. Take the sand paper and sand (or scratch really) the whole mask, emphazing on the outer edge, eye holes and ventilation holes scratching them up more thoroughly. You could also take a nail or other tool to add more depth to scratches, gouges. This is to add wear and tear to the mask, but also for later so the paint can find grooves to create texture.

2. Paint the whole front of the mask solid brown… let dry… then take your sand paper and for the most part sand ALL the paint off or as much as dered leaving wonderful texture to the mask.

3. Take your yellow spray paint and lightly and in short blasts from a good distance lightly mist the mask to create that old look. Sand spots out if you accidentally over do it.

4. Now if you got the red striped stickers with your mask, go ahead and place these carefully and symmetrically on your mask. Then tape the outline of the stickers. Now, peel the stickers off so you just have the taped patterns now. Take your red paint and paint them in. Important! Make sure to let them thoroughly dry before removing the tape so that the paint doesn’t come off with it. If you like, go ahead and scratch up the stripes to give them the “used” look.

5. Finish with a gloss clear coat of paint.

Or you can use this method from forum member auzorann as seen in the video below, in which you apply a satin base coat of ivory or almond to the mask, then you use additional layers of color. Another suggestion is to use a scotch brite pad and scuff it up a bit, sandpaper isn't necessary for weathering the mask.

http://youtu.be/bx4zeOCrkx0

In this last step you'll need to attach the snaps which is demonstrated in this How-To video:

Tools Needed:

Line 24 Snap Setters Hammer

http://youtu.be/M9xKFs_8YZk

If you have any additional help, tips, techniques or suggestions - please post them here.

Hope these instructions are a big help. Have fun trying to create your very own Jason Mask, and remember to send us images.

Thanks go out to all the YouTube users (Crazydog500, auzorann and Drodnic) and bloggers (travsall @ The RPF & Black Orange @ Halloween Love) who made this tutorial posble.

Source: HorrorBid
Anonymous Monday 10/03/2011 at 10:02 PM | 83746
a heads up or even asking me to use my video would have been cool. i wasn't even given credit.
auzorann Monday 10/03/2011 at 10:46 PM | 83750
@ auzorann Credit was given.

We seen some of your work and you do a great job, do you have any helpful advice that you could offer?
Anonymous Monday 10/03/2011 at 10:58 PM | 83752
haha
dxh8r4life Tuesday 10/04/2011 at 01:14 AM | 83759
Glad to see these's videos get around it helps a lot.
crazydog500 Tuesday 10/04/2011 at 01:31 AM | 83762
@ crazydog500

Thanks so much for posting these excellent "how-to" videos on YouTube!! I'd love to see some of your finished hocks.
Anonymous Tuesday 10/04/2011 at 01:38 AM | 83763
a heads up or even asking me to use my video would have been cool. i wasn't even given credit.

No offense but if you make a video and post it on YouTube wouldn't it be a cool thing to get it put on this te? And isn't YouTube kinda public domain in the first place? Again, not to be a dick or anything but I just can't imagine anyone being offended. I'd be honored. Cool videos BTW.
indygogo Tuesday 10/04/2011 at 02:00 AM | 83766
GREAT STUFF BROTHER!!
TheShape1188 Tuesday 10/04/2011 at 02:35 AM | 83769

No offense but if you make a video and post it on YouTube wouldn't it be a cool thing to get it put on this te? And isn't YouTube kinda public domain in the first place? Again, not to be a dick or anything but I just can't imagine anyone being offended. I'd be honored. Cool videos BTW.

i'm not offended. i just want to be asked before something i created gets used somewhere i didn't post it. or at least given credit. before my earlier post there weren't any credits. i was credited after i made the post.

i don't think i'm asking for too much. youtube isn't in the public domain btw.
auzorann Tuesday 10/04/2011 at 03:23 AM | 83777
@ crazydog500

Thanks so much for posting these excellent "how-to" videos on YouTube!! I'd love to see some of your finished hocks.

No problem. You can check my work out on our page Beyond Disgusting Studios.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Beyond-D ... 5761000073
crazydog500 Tuesday 10/04/2011 at 07:33 PM | 83792