Forums Horror Movie Talk
Is This What GODZILLA Might Look Like In Legendary Pictures Reboot?

Ever nce it was first hinted that Legendary Pictures was working on a reboot which would bring Godzilla back to the big screen, I've been really excited.

However, as of late the topic has pretty much been a dead subject. In fact all we really know at this point is the following:

Gareth Edwards, who is the director of Monster, was brought on board to direct the new vion for the reboot, and David Goyer is slated to pen the script.

But now, according to the webte Infamous Kidd.com, there may be a little bit more going on behind-the-scenes than meets the eye. The article seems to suggest that a big focus is being put on the appearance of Godzilla and what the creature will look like, which would explain why the casting process is dormant, as well as non-existent plan to head into production.

With all that being said, a source close to the webte may have provided some key information as to what Godzilla may actually look like. Apparently Hector A. Arce who's credentials involve sculpting creature's and fantasy subjects, is linked to the degn team for Legendary’s film, primarily because this rebooted veron of Godzilla may be based on a sculpt he did of Godzilla (pictured below) quite some time ago.

Although entirely speculation at this point and I repeat ENTIRELY SPECULATION, it's being suggested that Godzilla may closely resemble this sculpture with a few minor tweeks being made here and there.

One other question remains - which involves how Godzilla will appear on the big screen. Will he be created with CGI, or will we see the return of the rubber suit?

The plan, as it stands now, is for Godzilla to actually be in the flesh, with someone filling a rubber suit for Godzilla’s return. The head will be controlled by animatronics, and any touch-ups needed for the final film will then fall upon CGI. Once again this isn't set in stone, anything can change at the drop of a dime in this buness. So please take it with a grain of salt until it's been official Confirmed by the filmmakers.

Please let us know your thoughts in the comments section.

Source: Infamous Kidd
Anonymous Tuesday 10/04/2011 at 12:13 AM | 83755
I won't complain if that's the case!
attitudeinc Tuesday 10/04/2011 at 12:18 AM | 83756