Forums Horror Movie Talk
HALLOWEEN 1978: Extended Scenes

As we all know that Halloween is coming up and horror films are being released everywhere, but that's bede the point in this matter. I'm here to tell you an interesting fact about the 1978 HALLOWEEN, the extended scenes. These were scenes that were filmed specifically for TV that would replace a lot of the violence that was in the movie. I'm sure most of us have not seen these extras, they don't put them on TV anymore. Why? I'm not sure, but I have them here for you all to see.

When these were released on TV I only saw them one time on TV and that was it, until I found them on Youtube. They also released a special but yet rare 'HALLOWEEN-EXTENDED EDITION', but it's sad to say its out of print. Watch the extended scenes shown below. ENJOY!

http://youtu.be/O-AoWuieyBk

http://youtu.be/FPemQGCzMfg

http://youtu.be/gqljj-uR4BY

SOURCE: Youtube
horror3747 Thursday 10/06/2011 at 06:21 PM | 83912
I have the extended cut as well as the original, and I have to say I prefer the original more.

Although, I remember the first time I saw Halloween, which was on TV, I was 8 or 9, and stayed home from school so I could watch it. Doubtful it was this veron, though.

Part of the original's charm is not knowing The Shape's motive. Why is he stalking Laurie Strode? This veron enforces his motives with the whole "ster" thing scratched on the door.

It's scarier when evil doesn't have a reason, as if it could happen to anyone at anytime, at random.

Good stuff.
the_vengeful_machete Thursday 10/06/2011 at 08:49 PM | 83923
I remember seeing the scene with Loomis pleading to transfer Michael to ridgemont on TV and I love that scene..I wish it would have been added to the original cut of the film..Its a dark and chilling scene IMO..Loomis is the only one that knows

Michael myers is pure evil, almost not human and no one listens to him.. This scene shows that extremely well
Caesar015 Friday 10/07/2011 at 01:01 AM | 83940
Interesting that they had already written Laurie down as the ster of Michael. I thought they didn't even have that in until part 2....
joshk1986 Friday 10/07/2011 at 09:02 AM | 83956
I believe these scenes were shot and added in '81 for the TV debut, which was around the time Halloween II came out.
the_vengeful_machete Friday 10/07/2011 at 01:27 PM | 83958
years back i bought all the alternate verons of Halloween 1-6 (sans 3) on ebay - 1, 2 and 6 have MAJOR gnificant differences. 6 has like 12 minutes not officially released - they completely alter the story.

too bad those verons are so tough to find (I ordered mine on a bootleg VHS set, that my fucking ex still has 13 years later :( )
Matt_Molgaard Friday 10/07/2011 at 01:32 PM | 83960
years back i bought all the alternate verons of Halloween 1-6 (sans 3) on ebay - 1, 2 and 6 have MAJOR gnificant differences. 6 has like 12 minutes not officially released - they completely alter the story.

too bad those verons are so tough to find (I ordered mine on a bootleg VHS set, that my fucking ex still has 13 years later :( )

Ikr?

The only place where you can find them is on ebay, but the downde is

is that they want so much money for them. I think its time that they ought to release those special editions out in stores. I've seen HALLOWEEN 6: Producer's Cut on Youtube, I liked the other cut better. In the Producer's Cut, they kinda made the ending a little stupid, but everything else was great! Even though it was in extremely bad quality... :(

I did like the scenes that were added into HALLOWEEN II, it gave you a little bit more of an explanation of Laurie and Michael.
horror3747 Friday 10/07/2011 at 03:06 PM | 83962
There is also a bunch of unseen footage as well other than the scene that were filmed for the tv cut.

Had the privilege to speak to John Carpenter about what was cut from the film and the ending that had Nick Castle doing a little dance in the hero & coveralls after he was shot off the balcony by Loomis.
TheShape1188 Friday 10/07/2011 at 05:43 PM | 83974