Forums Off Topic
EVIL DEAD CABIN...UPDATED Pics of MOWDEReeL's Version

O.K.

Thanks to bnizzle's post the other day (Click Here), he helped me hone in on what type of haunted house I would put together with the kids.-(Something we do nearly every Halloween.)

I started around 5:00 P.M. on October 7th and was finished by 11:00 P.M. the same night...Although I'm sure I will add more as time goes by...

Here are the pics...

The First Hour:

The Second Hour:

The Third & Fourth Hour:

The Fifth Hour:

The xth Hour & My Favorite Part:

"Groovy"...

Updated Pics:

ITEMS USED & COSTS:

Not Featured: Several transparent half shaped marbles for chimney rocks-(You can use stones from outde.), 2 Empty cereal boxes-(Used to create roof pieces, window and door frames, etc...), 2 Foam boards 1 white, 1 green-(Optional) Total Costs= $9.00

Now thats all I paid because I already had most of the other supplies needed but figure in:

Brown Marker for wood detail, Paint-(Optional Colors), Carpet Cutter-(Most already have an exacto knife in the home somewhere, just make sure the blade is SHARP so it will ealy cut the foam board.), Low Temp Glue Gun-(Use this for gluing, foam structure, roof pieces, trees, etc...) Used Elmer's glue on yellow contruction paper, which was pasted inde doorway and windows for the "Light effect" and along the top of roof and porch for the orange constrution paper-(Leaves), also along the ground-(Green foam board), which pasted the tissue paper for textured look.

Paint with any collor and to the detail of your liking...Used black construction paper to cut outline of Ash in back window...I will add more detail later...

The true character of this piece is the TREES...That is what helps this piece stand out, so the creepier looking twigs, the better the piece...

Didn't take measurements but Including the trees the piece is well over 2 feet tall, not including the trees: cabin including chimnet is roughly 12 inches tall give or take an inch or so...And about 2 feet wide give or take...

Thanks again bnizzle for the great post...

By Michael Mowder, Jr...
MOWDEReeL Saturday 10/08/2011 at 03:14 PM | 84031
Great Job Michael!! That turned out really good. I'm glad you liked the post, and I think it's really cool that you created this project with your kids. I can't wait to see a nice clear image of the finished product. Maybe you could make a list of all the supplies that you used and a rough estimate of the cost's in case anybody else want to tackle this project.
Anonymous Saturday 10/08/2011 at 10:22 PM | 84046
awesome work brother! Also looking forward to some higher quality pics, shit looks awesome!
Matt_Molgaard Sunday 10/09/2011 at 04:46 AM | 84069