Forums Horror Movie Reviews
I Know What You Did Last Summer (Movie Review)

I Know What You Did Last Summer graced our presence in 1997 with those x words haunting words.

Story line: Based on a novel by Lois Duncan; we are introduced to two teen couples who are celebrating the 4th of July. One couple contains Julie James (Jennifer Love Hewitt) and Ray Bronson (Freddy Prinze Jr) a cute couple who are always trying to do the right thing. The other couple contains Helen Shivers (Sarah Michelle Gellar) and Barry Cox (Ryan Phillippe) your clasc pageant queen and star football player couple who love to party. After Helen winning a local beauty pageant on the 4th of July, the two couples decide to take a ride along the the cliff of the ocean. Barry, being the party animal he is, is drunk in the back seat along with Helen while Julie and Ray are being the good degnated drivers they are. While driving Barry becomes full of himself and decides to stand up in the moon roof of the car with alcohol in hand. Barry drops the bottle of alcohol down in the car drenching Ray. Ray begins to yell at Barry taking his eyes off the road when suddenly they hit a person in the road. The person they hit seems to be dead so the teens are freaking out wondering if they should tell someone or throw the body out to the ocean. Through heated argument they decided to drive the body to the pier and dump it in the water. After this is done, the teens make a pact to never tell what happened, however a year later when Julie comes home from college for the summer. She receives an unmarked letter with only her name and address on it, and with a small note inde saying the x haunting words: "I Know What You Did Last Summer". From this point on the teens are haunted, stalked, and threatened by a man in a meat hook, black rain coat, and rain hat who is threatening to get them back for what they did.

Acting The acting for this film was your clasc teens in high school slasher flick cheeseness and that is pretty much all I have to say about it.

Picture and Sound As for picture and sound I will not comment on it because I watched this movie on VHS. Yes, I still have a VCR which is awesome.

Makeup/ Gore The makeup for this film was done well so I have no complaints. The gore however was ok. There could have been more blood.

Overall I would give this film a 4 out of 10. The film was confung at points but it did leave me wondering who the killer was the whole time. If you're a teen and need a freaky film to watch at a sleep over, then this film is for you!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-wtGnMnX_l1E/Ta8HeKtwu1I/AAAAAAAAAzM/GhwrW156Di4/s1600/I+know+what+you+did+last+summer.jpg" class="photoborder" />
BloodyAdored Monday 10/10/2011 at 04:06 AM | 84117