Forums Horror Movie Talk
Carrie-Anne Moss Talks About Silent Hill: Revelation And The Video Game

It's been some time nce any news has surfaced from out of the lent Hill: Revelation camp,and with Halloween right around the corner we knew it would only be a matter of time before something came our way.

Recently Carrie-Anne Moss, costar of the big-screen adaptation of the video game "lent Hill: Revelation," sat with IFC to dish on her role as Claudia Wolf, and in the process she admitted that she never actually played the lent Hill video game. "They sent me all of this stuff," said Moss, "It was of what her image sort of looked like and what she felt like, and that was interesting.

I didn't go in and play the game to really see, because I'm not really into that so much."

In "lent Hill: Revelation," Moss plays an ostentatious priestess named Wolf, who serves as the main antagonist against Heather Mason (Adelaide Clemens).

Moss confirmed that the footage that she viewed from the game was among the materials she used to get into character. "It definitely was part of the conversation with the director, looking at a lot of different footage. And then ultimately this crazy wig and this crazy costume helped me go, there I was!"

lent Hill: Revelation also marks Moss' first venture into 3D filmmaking, which she admits was a bit of an adjustment. "That was a little bit tricky, because they had this 3D camera where you have to shoot things a few times," Moss explained. "But it wasn't that it was difficult, it was that it was something I hadn't done before. Like, every director is a little different, but I know that there's a way to do it technically. And then all of a sudden there's this new technique added to it, which is a camera with X, Y and Z."

"I can't even remember if we had to be super still or whatever it was, but it was, oh wow, okay, it's a whole new world of making movies."

Moss can be seen this Friday when in her latest movie "Fireflies in the Garden" debuts in theaters.

Source: IFC
Anonymous Monday 10/10/2011 at 07:24 PM | 84370