Forums Horror Movie Talk
HorrorBid's 31 Days of Horror: Creep

We here at HorrorBid will be recommending one specific treasure for everyday of the month. The ultimate goal is mple; encourage the masses to seek out stellar films that fit the seasonal mold. While I’m certain plenty of our faithful readers will find some of these films predictable, or at the least familiar, we still feel as though a friendly reminder can go a long way towards renewed enjoyment.

On deck for October 11th, is Christopher Smith’s breakthrough genre effort, Creep. Whether you’re unsettled by tight confines, terrified of mutant creatures, or just so happen to fear the subway, this one should make you shiver. Chris Smith’s debut effort is not only well paced and delicately told, it’s quite savage and unforgiving in nature; qualities any horror junkie can cling to!

Check out the gist: a drunken young lady finds herself locked in a London subway station after all the liquor she’s consumed leaves her slumped on an otherwise empty bench, sleeping right through the arrival of the final car. It’s a big mistake, as she’s about to discover that something else calls the subway system home once the travel ceases and the lights go down; this little fellow isn’t very friendly either.

You don’t have to love monster movies to dig Creep, you’ve just got to enjoy ruthless savagery, creepy set pieces, and tons of tenon. Smith breaks the surface with a winner here; and while he’s yet to miss a beat, Creep still ranks amongst his finest films (alongde Severance) to date. There’s no need to get to deep into discuson on this one, as it’s all played very straight-forward. All I can really say is, if you haven’t seen this sleeper, you’re misng something awfully special!

http://youtu.be/QZUzM_p6a1k
Matt_Molgaard Tuesday 10/11/2011 at 06:31 PM | 84538
I love this movie!!
Anonymous Tuesday 10/11/2011 at 06:33 PM | 84539
This one is a favorite of mine!

I remember renting it from Blockbuster back around 2005 thinking the DVD cover art looked proming...and boy was I surprised with how much I loved the movie!

Creepy atmosphere, claustrophobic feel, unique mutant killer, there is so much that just made the film stand out from the rest.

I actually just watched it again for the first time in a few years a few days ago and it was just as good as I remembered.
xthekrakenx Tuesday 10/11/2011 at 08:53 PM | 84548
Great recommendation! Absolutely loved this movie. Very refreshing in pretty much all areas of the movie from the setting to the protagonist. Love me some Franka Potente.
Benjaminnelly Tuesday 10/11/2011 at 10:57 PM | 84551
Chris Smith is a damn wizard. If you haven't looked into his other flicks, I recommend it; great film library right there, and he's really just getting started.
Matt_Molgaard Wednesday 10/12/2011 at 05:27 PM | 84810