Forums Horror Movie Talk
HALLOWEEN 2 remake news

Found this over at B-D:The boys over at Arrow in the Head came across an article in the latest issue of Rue Morgue Magazine where French directors Julien Maury and Alexandre Bustillo talk a bit about their involvement in Dimenon Films sequel to Rob Zombie's HALLOWEEN. It's unfortunate that the duo left HELLRAISER, but it's also pretty incredible that they could save Michael Myers from what appeared to be his death.

AITH report that Bustillo and Maury are officially attached to HALLOWEEN 2, or so they claim in the latest issue of Rue Morgue Magazine.

"...it's a propotion we couldn't refuse,” Maury explained and added that he and Bustillo are well aware of Zombie's re-imagining of Michael Myers and they're out to put their stamp on the character, not copy what came before them. "Therefore, our vion will be done with utmost respect, with a continuity of

work but also a real evolution of the world he set in place."

What direction do you guys think they need to take the franchise?

- A.) Pick up the story where Zombie's left off,

- B.) Completely just remake Halloween 2 shot for shot,

- C.) Pretend Zombie's story never happened and just re-envion H2,

- D.) Do a Halloween without Myers like in H3,

- E.) Or just end Halloween's run right here and now!
DaShape Tuesday 8/26/2008 at 06:48 AM | 17584
What direction do you guys think they need to take the franchise?

- A.) Pick up the story where Zombie's left off,

- B.) Completely just remake Halloween 2 shot for shot,

- C.) Pretend Zombie's story never happened and just re-envion H2,

- D.) Do a Halloween without Myers like in H3,

- E.) Or just end Halloween's run right here and now

F.) It doesn't matter, I won't watch it anyways.

I know I'm in the minority here but I agree with John Carpenter that the Myers storyline was done after the original H2. Everything nce has been nothing more than sub-par attempts to cash in on a marketable title. It's sad that something different like Trick or Treat doesn't get a shot at a theatrical run while money is thrown at crap like this.
lblambert Tuesday 8/26/2008 at 05:19 PM | 17592
whatever i want or dont want is irrelevant

it will not be a remake of halloween 2 it will be a sequel to the remake

and on that note after Halloween 5 I DO NOT TRUST FRENCH DIRECTORS ON HORROR MOVIES ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Johnny Bisco Tuesday 8/26/2008 at 11:20 PM | 17629