Forums Horror Movie Talk
FACEBOOK: THE MOVIE (I just got stupider by reading this)

Aaron Sorkin and Scott Rudin Making FACEBOOK: THE MOVIE

From SlashFilm: Okay, let’s make this quick because I’m logging off, going outde and tting quietly under a tree for the rest of eternity. Writer Aaron Sorkin (Charlie Wilson’s War, Studio 60) has joined Facebook. More importantly, he’s created a Facebook group where it’s announced he’s penning Facebook: The Movie (our title) for mega-producer Scott Rudin (NCFOM, TWBB)…“I’ve just agreed to write a movie for Sony and producer Scott Rudin about how Facebook was invented. I figured a good first step in my preparation would be finding out what Facebook is, so I’ve started this page. (Actually it was started by my researcher, Ian Reichbach, because my grandmother has more Internet savvy than I do and she’s been dead for 33 years.)I honestly don’t know how this works, which is why I’m here. If anyone has any questions I’d be happy to answer them as best I can. If anyone has any comments I’m glad to listen. And if anyone has any Facebook stories I think they might be helpful.”

This is not a joke (prank is probably a better word). Vulture confirmed the film via Rudin just seconds ago. Never thought I’d say this, but I’d rather see Emily Gould’s Talking Tattoo Biopic realized on the big screen. Okay, it’s Twittered and Tumblr’d, to the forest I go.

Ok, I'm going to do a little fortune telling guys and gals . . . ung my mystical powers I can foresee that if this movie makes any money at all during it's theatrical run that a myspace movie will soon follow . .. .
DaShape Wednesday 8/27/2008 at 08:47 PM | 17675
this is a bit off topic but why do all these topics get moved?
pamelavoorheesRIP Wednesday 8/27/2008 at 09:12 PM | 17678
this is a bit off topic but why do all these topics get moved?

Good Question, we're moving them because these are "movie rumors section" posts however not many people are really going into that section section right now (but when I post them in general people seem to be interested, they just forget about the other sections sometimes).

So I've just been posting them up in the general then moving them (leaving a shadow so people can still see the topic in general but it's actually in the movie news section). If it's annoying or bothering just let me know and I can quit, no biggie.
DaShape Wednesday 8/27/2008 at 11:24 PM | 17687
I think it is a great idea until those sections really heat up. Good question though.
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Thursday 8/28/2008 at 12:08 AM | 17693
It's official . . . Hollywood has reached the bottom of the movie idea barrel.
gummi Friday 8/29/2008 at 10:04 AM | 17771

"...what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be condered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."
deathrisingup Friday 8/29/2008 at 01:27 PM | 17772
Wow! Deathringup, shouldn't you be studying for your boards or saving lives? I can only imagine how much time you spent on that!

P.S. LOVE YOUUUU!!!!

St. Pete Slasher Friday 8/29/2008 at 10:48 PM | 17790