Forums Horror Movie Talk
PIRANHA 3DD Pushed Back Until 2012

We've got some bad news to report today. If you were looking forward to seeing the November 23rd release of Piranha 3DD, it appears as if the wait has just got a whole lot longer.

According to Box Office Mojo the film will now hit theaters sometime in 2012, however the specifics were not discussed. So at this point it's anybody's guess as to when Dimenon will be releang the sequel from director John Gulager and writers Patrick Melton and Marcus Dunstan.

Piranha 3DD stars Danielle Panabaker, Matt Bush, Chris Zylka, David Koechner, Meagan Tandy, Paul James Jordan, Jean-Luc Bilodeau, Hector Jimenez, Adrian Martinez, Clu Gulager, Gary Busey, Katrina Bowden, Christopher Lloyd, Ving Rhames, Paul Scheer and David Hasselhoff.

As soon as we find out anything new we'll keep you posted.

Source:Box Office Mojo
Anonymous Thursday 10/13/2011 at 07:51 PM | 85028
i'm actually kind of happy about this. I imagine dimenon will aim for a release closer to summer, which IMO works much better than a winter release. Looking forward to this one, but I can certainly wait.
Matt_Molgaard Friday 10/14/2011 at 02:21 AM | 85057
I believe this is a stupid decion. The was already hype built up for this movie and with the delay that is all gone. It may hurt the box office total in the end. We will just have to wait and see.
Pinhead Friday 10/14/2011 at 09:11 PM | 85094
i'm actually kind of happy about this. I imagine dimenon will aim for a release closer to summer, which IMO works much better than a winter release. Looking forward to this one, but I can certainly wait.

I completely agree. Like I noted in a previous post about this movie the release date in November did worry me greatly, so I'm glad to hear it is being put back to a later date. Let's hope for a May or June release date now! :)
BloodyAdored Sunday 10/16/2011 at 04:37 AM | 85193